Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EWA CSS Guide - Feedback & Bugs

I've tried out the patches, and the vertical dividers are now showing up, but the horizontal ones are still missing.

Thanks,
    Dane
    - Dane

Dell Studio Slim 540st
    - Q8200 / 4GB / Win7 HP 32-bit
    - Digital Devices dual DVB-C
    - TerraTec (Lord, I hate these guys) Cinergy C PCI HD
    - Kodi 17 front end, NPVR back end

Quote Originally Posted by daneo View Post
    I've tried out the patches, and the vertical dividers are now showing up, but the horizontal ones are still missing.

Thanks,
    Dane
    Ok...Thanks for getting back to me.....I'll look into to it......probably something stupid that I did....

Quote Originally Posted by UncleJohnsBand View Post
    Ok...Thanks for getting back to me.....I'll look into to it......probably something stupid that I did....
    Ok...I wasn't seeing the lack of the other lines since I was always showing the links to IMDB and such....

This patch fixes that issue.....let me know.......this is just a CSS patch so no need to delete anything first.....just stop the service.....unload.....start service and access EWA....click refresh to pull in the new updates.

That seems to have taken care of the big stuff, but I'm seeing some little problems in other areas. I'm using the blue scheme at the moment.

On the guide view, I still get missing lines for very long shows (take a look at today around 13:30 local time on my system ch 28 Eurosport "Biathlon"). It has an effect that the right side of the screen looks like a stack of cartons

Also, in the drill-down to an eposide for recording, the box where the days of the week are listed is not using the proper colouring -- pale text on a white background.

The login to my system is still valid, pls take a look if you wish.
    - Dane

Dell Studio Slim 540st
    - Q8200 / 4GB / Win7 HP 32-bit
    - Digital Devices dual DVB-C
    - TerraTec (Lord, I hate these guys) Cinergy C PCI HD
    - Kodi 17 front end, NPVR back end

That seems to have taken care of the big stuff, but I'm seeing some little problems in other areas. I'm using the blue scheme at the moment.

On the guide view, I still get missing lines for very long shows (take a look at today around 13:30 local time on my system ch 28 Eurosport "Biathlon"). It has an effect that the right side of the screen looks like a stack of cartons

Also, in the drill-down to an eposide for recording, the box where the days of the week are listed is not using the proper colouring -- pale text on a white background.

I'll send you an FTP account to send me your gbpvr.db3 file.....

I believe this has to do with how the guide data itself......there are a lot of weird start and stop times as well as some channels not having anything for certain time slots.....channel 28 doesn't have anything until 3:00.....when you set the guide start time to 1:30 then the 3:00 start time comes into play....but since there is nothing on before 3:00 it is shifting to the left......the table view of the guide (guide.aspx) handles this somewhat better.

I'll need to play around with this for a while to see what if I can come up with something to make it more consistent.

Ok...the patched located here should address the issue by about 90% or so. It is a full EWA patch so you will have to stop the service and follow the instructions for upgrading EWA that are on the wiki.

Channels that have dead-airtime before them will now have a "No programming Available" entry display before them to correctly position the start time of the programme. Somehow this functionality got dropped wehn I developed the CSS version so I had to copy over the logic from the table base view and adapt to the CSS display.

The one item I can not address is if a channel has a show that ends prior to the end of the time line being displayed and there is no programme that starts before the end of the time line being displayed. On those instances you will see an open ended entry.

Let me know what you think.

Red face Collapsing shows

I'm having an issue with the Manage Recording CSs Page. when I'm in Table View and I click the +/- to expand and contract the shows they align in a cascading manner. but expand back .

This seems to happen only on Firefox (latest build)

Any Idea what this may be.
    Thanks for all your hard work.
    UJB

Gren

Quote Originally Posted by Grenlen View Post
    I'm having an issue with the Manage Recording CSs Page. when I'm in Table View and I click the +/- to expand and contract the shows they align in a cascading manner. but expand back .

This seems to happen only on Firefox (latest build)

Any Idea what this may be.
    Thanks for all your hard work.
    UJB

Gren
    Is that the latest release build or are you talking the FireFox 3 beta?

UJB...
    Some more oddities for you ... :-)

1. TableViewManageOddity.jpg - The Treeview/Tableview radio buttons are over the reminders scroll ....
    2. TVGuideDeadSpaceOddity.jpg - This one is weird for me. Instead of the rows occupying the Icon size, they appear to occupy a fixed row height which leaves a lot of dead space (my preference is as little as possible to reduce scroll ...)
    3. EpisodeTabOddity.jpg - Just a bit of an overlay of Submit Button ..I must have wide channel names ...
    4. VideoLibraryOddity.jpg - Any icons in that DIE stretch bigger than the lines in the DIR. There is no Program Icon size, just a Channel one correct?
    k.
    ASUS P5K-PRO Q9300 2.5GHz | Win10x64 | 6GB RAM | NVIDIA GEforce 210 | 1 x WinTV DMB-TH | Various HD's | AC68U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A110 | Hauppauge Colossus |
    If you've ever become frustrated because something in NextPVR is not working, take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.

Quote Originally Posted by jksmurf View Post
    UJB...
    Some more oddities for you ... :-)
    1. TableViewManageOddity.jpg - The Treeview/Tableview radio buttons are over the reminders scroll ....
    2. TVGuideDeadSpaceOddity.jpg - This one is weird for me. Instead of the rows occupying the Icon size, they appear to occupy a fixed row height which leaves a lot of dead space (my preference is as little as possible to reduce scroll ...)
    3. EpisodeTabOddity.jpg - Just a bit of an overlay of Submit Button ..I must have wide channel names ...
    4. VideoLibraryOddity.jpg - Any icons in that DIE stretch bigger than the lines in the DIR. There is no Program Icon size, just a Channel one correct?
    k.
    Are you using IE 6, IE7 or FireFox 2?