carpeVideo, first Thanks for writing this. I appreciate it and it has already been quite useful. I have some questions/issues with its use, though.
- The utility appears to be case sensitive, but I'm thinking it should not be. I ran it first on my default directory, but entered it as e:\pvr rather than E:\PVR and it re-imported everything. Had to do a little bit of SQL to get rid of the duplicates. Re-running it with the correct case solved the problem.
- It seems to do a IMDB lookup on a number of files that are definitely in the DB, in addition to the ones which are not. Is this intentional? For example, after running it once, if I do a new GB-PVR export of records and then re-run the utility again immediately, it seems that it shouldn't look up anything, since everything is in the DB, but it still takes a while and does many IMDB lookups. I'm not sure how it is choosing which files to look up but it is not all files.
- I can't seem to get the no import switch to work. I entered the command line as vidimport E:\PVR import=off and it created the output file and named it import=off. I then tried vidimport E:\PVR videos.xml import=off and got the import file right, but it still imported. I also tried import:off. I imagine I just don't know how to enter that correctly.
Thanks again for this great utility and I look forward to your response.