Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: StandAlone Filters for GB-PVR (SAF codecs pack)

yes our dvb-t is h.264video with aac audio

Quote Originally Posted by stustunz View Post
    yes our dvb-t is h.264video with aac audio
    Then you really need some h.264 decoder wich is compatibly with GB-PVR *.ts reader.

Latest powerDVD have disabled h.264 for other aplication then PDVD, so you can try CoreAVC... aac audio should be no problem for SAF MPC-HC decoder.
    My projects:
    SAF6 (Standalone Filters)
    HOBRing - My easy Amiga emulation
    My HTPC

Quote Originally Posted by hoborg View Post
    Then you really need some h.264 decoder wich is compatibly with GB-PVR *.ts reader.

Latest powerDVD have disabled h.264 for other aplication then PDVD, so you can try CoreAVC... aac audio should be no problem for SAF MPC-HC decoder.
    H.264 and AAC support are limited to the filters that sub has listed in the app. Each decoder requires special handling because of the way their media types are presented, so sub has to code differently for each one.

Quote Originally Posted by whurlston View Post
    H.264 and AAC support are limited to the filters that sub has listed in the app. Each decoder requires special handling because of the way their media types are presented, so sub has to code differently for each one.
    Are we still talking about HD TV, right?

Just to be clear - if you rename your h.264 recodring from *.TS to *.MKV, SAF (Haali splitter) will hadle them without problem=TS reader problem.

As i wrote it before, there are some problem that prevent TS reader to connect with MPC-HC decoder. MediaPortal have exactly same problem, but i believe, they found way how to fix it - http://mantis.team-mediaportal.com/view.php?id=2069
    My projects:
    My HTPC

Are we still talking about HD TV, right?

Just to be clear - if you rename your h.264 recodring from *.TS to *.MKV, SAF (Haali splitter) will hadle them without problem=TS reader problem.

As i wrote it before, there are some problem that prevent TS reader to connect with MPC-HC decoder. MediaPortal have exactly same problem, but i believe, they found way how to fix it - http://mantis.team-mediaportal.com/view.php?id=2069
    Yeah, I was still talking about HD TV. GBPVR records H.264 TV into a TS container. It then uses it's own TS Reader (GBPVRTSReader.ax) to read the file when it is played. Once that reader is connected to the MPEG2 Demuxer, it creates the video and audio pins on the demuxer automatically (called a "push source"). Those audio and video pins have a media type defined. Unless the decoder's input pin's media type matches the demux's output media type, the filters will not connect.

Unlike MPEG2, there is no standard definition for the H.264 media types, so each H.264 decoder defines their own. Sub has to add each of those media type definitions in order to support specific decoders (as well as making sure the data is delivered properly according to that media type). He may have added (or will add) support for additional H.264 decoders for the next version of GBPVR but we won't know until he tells us or the next version is released.

Quote Originally Posted by whurlston View Post
    Yeah, I was still talking about HD TV. GBPVR records H.264 TV into a TS container. It then uses it's own TS Reader (GBPVRTSReader.ax) to read the file when it is played. Once that reader is connected to the MPEG2 Demuxer, it creates the video and audio pins on the demuxer automatically (called a "push source"). Those audio and video pins have a media type defined. Unless the decoder's input pin's media type matches the demux's output media type, the filters will not connect.

Unlike MPEG2, there is no standard definition for the H.264 media types, so each H.264 decoder defines their own. Sub has to add each of those media type definitions in order to support specific decoders (as well as making sure the data is delivered properly according to that media type). He may have added (or will add) support for additional H.264 decoders for the next version of GBPVR but we won't know until he tells us or the next version is released.
    Thanks for info.
    Support for MPC-HC decoder will be great.
    My projects:
    My HTPC

SAF 3.49 beta 14 available: http://hobring.esero.net/saf/binary

Changelog: http://hobring.esero.net/saf/binary/saf_changelog.txt

It is now possible to configure audio output under GB-PVR config:
    Last edited by hoborg; 2009-07-02 at 08:00 AM.
    My projects:
    My HTPC

I am looking for tester to test SAF with h.264 LiveTV support.
    Please PM me for instructions!

Ultimate solution seems to be near...
    My projects:
    My HTPC

The h.264 decoder included with the package does not perform well on my setup. Disable vc1 and h264 on the setup and now using CoreAVC, which works perfectly.
    Thanks,
    Mobo: ASUS M3N78-VM Graphics:Builtin NVIDIA GeForce 8200 HDMI Processor:AMD Athlon X2 4050e 2.1GHz Ram: 1GB 667 Tuner: HVR1600
    OS: XP Media Center Renderer: VMR9 Codec: SAF Unlocked Audio: SAF Unlocked

Cyberlink decoders

I downloaded PowerCinema from the Cyberlink site and "updated" the Twinhan OEM licensed decoders. Both works great for me.

==================================================
    Display Name : CyberLink H.264/AVC Decoder
    Description : CyberLink 264 Decoder Filter
    Version : 2.2.0805
    Company : CyberLink Corp.
    Filename : C:\Program\PC-TV\Common\Bin\H264\cl264dec.ax
    Product Name : CyberLink PowerEncoder
    Disabled : No
    Type : ActiveX Filter
    Size : 483,403
    Created Date : 2007-03-07 08:42:58
    Code :

Display Name : CyberLink Video/SP Decoder
    Description : CyberLink Video/SP Filter
    Version : 8.2.630
    Company : CyberLink Corp.
    Filename : C:\Program\PC-TV\Common\Bin\CLVSD.ax
    Product Name : CyberLink PowerDVD
    Disabled : No
    Type : ActiveX Filter
    Size : 868,459
    Created Date : 2009-03-31 01:30:06
    Code :
    Best Regards
    MixMan

Antec Fusion case with Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-SH, AMD X2 4850e, 2GB RAM, AMD780G Onboard graphics. WinTV-PVR 150 MCE (With FM), Twinhan DVB-T, 750GB + 250GB HDD. Windows XP Pro SP3, MCE 2005 Remote, 29" 4:3 monitor and a 47" Philips 9603H LCD