Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839

Thread: StandAlone Filters for GB-PVR (SAF codecs pack)

There is new SAF6 revision out. Unlocked version include new PDVD11 decoder (1.0.0.2913). Please, try it with liveTV and report

Thanks.
    Last edited by hoborg; 2011-05-31 at 01:35 PM.
    My projects:
    SAF6 (Standalone Filters)
    HOBRing - My easy Amiga emulation
    My HTPC

I'm currently happy with SAF5 final but would you recommend trying SAF6? If I find it worse, can I remove and go back to SAF5 final easily?

Quote Originally Posted by BigMoose View Post
    I'm currently happy with SAF5 final but would you recommend trying SAF6? If I find it worse, can I remove and go back to SAF5 final easily?
    Yes.
    My projects:
    My HTPC

Catalyst 11.5 Broken!

For the last 3 weeks I have have been having real bad picture breakup on Freeview HD channels - I thought it was the Cyberlink codec was screwed or something but finally I have just managed to go back to the Catalyst 11.4 drivers (twas a total pain to reinstall Catalyst Installer could not find inf!) and all is sweet again.

WORD OF WARNING
    Keep away from Catalyst 11.5 (inc hotfix a or b) if you are using Cyberlink H264 its broken - at least with Vista
    It's not an overly complicated system - it's more - overly simple operatives

Does anyone here use the PDVD11 H264 decoder for C4 HD? I have just upgraded to SAF6 and it works well, certainly audio is better with the LAV decoder (although still some choppyness on some crap channels, but its noticeably better than before). However the PDVD11 decoder doesn't work well with C4HD. It plays fine until you skip then is unwatchable. All blocky and screwed up colours. A stop and resume fixes, but that's not a usable solution. Switching to the MS H264 decoder and it copes fine. Oddly the PDVD11 works OK with BBCHD channels, just not C4.

PDVD11 working very nicely, 1-7% cpu
    all good on SD H.264 channels here
    hard to tell if its better than PDVD7 codec that I have been using though
    ATI Drivers 10.6 (perfect 24fps on HDDVD and Bluray for me)

@griffy:
    Good
    My projects:
    My HTPC

Audio decoding problem?

Been using SAF for a while now, and it had played everything I threw at it until now

Was trying to play a video file from a Canon 60D DSLR (.MOV MPEG-4 AVC, H.264 format, 1080p video and 44.1kHz Mono Linear PCM audio), and although it plays perfectly in WMP, when I try and use NPVR the video crawls and the sound is distorted. Looking at the CPU usage, it looks like it is maxed out in NPVR and not in WMP, so may be a hardware acceleration issue.

Loaded the file into GraphEdit, and see it is using ffdshow DXVA video decoder and ffdshow audio decoder (with similar high CPU). With selective disabling, it looks like the Audio side pegs the cpu at 56% (maxing out one of the cores) and the video puts it at 32%(while WMP does both at around 27%)

Any suggestions as to what I could change to sort this out?

cheers,

tieke
    Gigabyte GA-MA69GM-S2H motherboard, HD6450, Athlon X2 4800+, Ninja Mini cooler, 1Gig RAM, Antec Fusion Case, 2xHauppauge HVR-3000 DVB-S, win7, 1 MVP

I created new SAF6 thread - you can find it here.
    My projects:
    My HTPC

Quote Originally Posted by tieke View Post
    Been using SAF for a while now, and it had played everything I threw at it until now

Was trying to play a video file from a Canon 60D DSLR (.MOV MPEG-4 AVC, H.264 format, 1080p video and 44.1kHz Mono Linear PCM audio), and although it plays perfectly in WMP, when I try and use NPVR the video crawls and the sound is distorted. Looking at the CPU usage, it looks like it is maxed out in NPVR and not in WMP, so may be a hardware acceleration issue.

Loaded the file into GraphEdit, and see it is using ffdshow DXVA video decoder and ffdshow audio decoder (with similar high CPU). With selective disabling, it looks like the Audio side pegs the cpu at 56% (maxing out one of the cores) and the video puts it at 32%(while WMP does both at around 27%)

Any suggestions as to what I could change to sort this out?

cheers,

tieke
    I think that problem should be already fixed in SAF6.
    My projects:
    My HTPC