Here is the beta release of the BBC iPlayer Plugin.
As discussed on the thread:
Details on setup and other info is available on the WIKI: http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Plugin/BBCIPlayer
Before you install be aware of the following:
- This plugin downloads directly from the BBC iPlayer Website, you need to ensure that you delete the recordings after 30 days
- The plugin updates yout GBPVR.db3 Database, it does this to add the new recordings, it also adds a new 'Virtual' channel. THIS IS AT YOUR RISK. Even though I have tested it, I suggest you backup your current database before you use the plugin, i cannot be held resposible for any lost recordings.
- The plugin has not been tested on a remote client and will be unlikely to work, I might add this behaviour on a later release.
- The plugin is still a work in progress, it is likely to have bugs, let me know of more as you find them
- You may need to have a transcoding app such as FFMPEG or Mencoder (mPlayer) to be able to use the plugin, specifically with an MVP, a link to mencoder is available from the wiki
- Dependancies on this plugin are, Wiztools and CommonGBPVRUtils, both of these are available from the Wiki
- The WizUtils dll that I have used isWizUiHelper.dll (22.214.171.124)
- The CommonGBPVRUtilities.dll I have used is version 3.0.2847.27302, You need to ensure that you use the Latest version zip file, this is available from CommonGBPVRUtils
- FFMPEG needs the LAME MP3 Codec to be compiled in, if you need a version that has the correct compilation options look here : http://ffmpeg.arrozcru.org/builds/
- The logging is setup to be pretty verbose, if you have an issue make sure you attach your logs
As far as installation goes just follow the instructions on the Wiki linked below.
Before you run the application you need to run the GBPVR Config utility and set up your options. Make sure you configure your transcoder otherwise the plugin will crash.
Another thing, I am not very good at GUI's so if anyone wants to have a go at re skinning just let me know!
Finally, let me know any issues you have and remember this is a work in progress, i will try to respond to issues as and when I am able, enjoy
NEW VERSION 3 is now released
The latest version is available from the WIKI http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Plugin/BBCIPlayer