Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 421

Thread: BBC Iplayer Downloader Plugin - Beta + Support

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,688
    Quote Originally Posted by garyeuph View Post
    OK, here it is - note I ran it again and now it just doesnt do anything, will retry with the latest version as suggested by gED
    Yours does much the same as mine...

    Announces that the transcode is starting, creates a .jpg thumbnail (in your case - G:\gbpvr\Natural World\11_Elephants_Without_Borders_235613_6_3_2009 .jpg) and issues the ffmpeg command which finishes after a couple of seconds - no obvious error... I'll have a go at gEd's suggestion too - we can compare notes...

    Alex

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,688
    Quote Originally Posted by gEd View Post
    I'm using a very recent version from http://ffmpeg.arrozcru.org/builds/
    I just downloaded the 'Latest Version' and it's now transcoding - and I have a growing MPG in recordings.

    It might get strange after this though - I'm testing on a laptop client...

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,688
    Quote Originally Posted by ACTCMS View Post
    I just downloaded the 'Latest Version' and it's now transcoding - and I have a growing MPG in recordings.
    Bingo... The latest versions of CommonGBPVRUtilities.dll and ffMpeg fixed it...

    Alex

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    7,098
    I'd love to try out the BBC Iplayer, but I'm on the wrong side of the pond (damned revolution!)... does (or will) the plugin support using a proxy to get around the geo checks?

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,451
    Looking good smiler - will make a specific CS4 skin for this plugin for sure! In the meantime if anyone wants to use it with the Community Skin 4 BETA simply copy the 'iplayerplugin' folder from blue.
    Last edited by McBainUK; 2009-03-07 at 07:50 AM.
    My Projects
    Programs Plugin (retired) | Volume OSD Plugin (retired) | Documentation Wiki (retired)

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    UK, Hampshire, DVB-T, Hannington
    Posts
    190
    Quote Originally Posted by garyeuph View Post
    OK, here it is - note I ran it again and now it just doesnt do anything, will retry with the latest version as suggested by gED
    Ok, it is likely that the transcode is failing due to the FFMPEG exe not working correctly. There is an issue in that ffmpeg does not allow stdout redirection meaning that I cannot capture the output to display to the user. In a later version I might add a feature to check if the mpg was created.

    Anyway looking at the log you attached, to debug your problem open up a command window and paste in the following string, which is the string that GBPVR calls.
    Once you have pasted the string below, press enter and see what the error message is that you get back.

    You may need to run the download again with the config option to leave the downloaded mov file in place rather than deleting it.

    Code:
    C:\Program Files\Devnz\GBPVR\Third Party\ffmpeg\ffmpeg.exe   -i "G:\gbpvr\Natural_World_11_Elephants_Without_Borders.mov" -y -target dvd -aspect 16:9 -s 4cif -r 25 -b 5000kb -sameq -ar 48000 -acodec libmp3lame -ab 256kb -ac 2 -v 9 "G:\gbpvr\Natural World\11_Elephants_Without_Borders_235613_6_3_2009.mpg"
    Tell me how you get on...
    Antec Fusion Silver
    Windows Vista Home Premium 64
    Hauppauge Nova-T 500 Dual Tuner
    ATI x1250 HDMI Output to 40 in LCD WS TV
    AMD 4000+
    Logitech Harmony using internal IR Rx

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    UK, Hampshire, DVB-T, Hannington
    Posts
    190
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    I'd love to try out the BBC Iplayer, but I'm on the wrong side of the pond (damned revolution!)... does (or will) the plugin support using a proxy to get around the geo checks?
    I think it unlikely, although there is talk I think of a US IPlayer Site
    Antec Fusion Silver
    Windows Vista Home Premium 64
    Hauppauge Nova-T 500 Dual Tuner
    ATI x1250 HDMI Output to 40 in LCD WS TV
    AMD 4000+
    Logitech Harmony using internal IR Rx

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    UK, Hampshire, DVB-T, Hannington
    Posts
    190
    Quote Originally Posted by McBainUK View Post
    Looking good smiler - will make a CS4 skin for this plugin for sure!
    That would be good, I am a real newbie at skinning, if you want any new params exposed just let me know.
    Antec Fusion Silver
    Windows Vista Home Premium 64
    Hauppauge Nova-T 500 Dual Tuner
    ATI x1250 HDMI Output to 40 in LCD WS TV
    AMD 4000+
    Logitech Harmony using internal IR Rx

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    UK, Hampshire, DVB-T, Hannington
    Posts
    190
    Just to let you know this plugin has not been tested on a remote client and it will need to be updated to support this platform. I'll have a think about this for the next release.
    Antec Fusion Silver
    Windows Vista Home Premium 64
    Hauppauge Nova-T 500 Dual Tuner
    ATI x1250 HDMI Output to 40 in LCD WS TV
    AMD 4000+
    Logitech Harmony using internal IR Rx

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Stockport, UK
    Posts
    155
    t looks like the GBPVR versio does not support this command line, see log below - hoever I have has sucess with the later version - will keep you posted


    G:\>"C:\Program Files\Devnz\GBPVR\Third Party\ffmpeg\ffmpeg.exe" -i "G:\gbpvr\
    Natural_World_11_Elephants_Without_Borders.mov" -y -target dvd -aspect 16:9 -s 4
    cif -r 25 -b 5000kb -sameq -ar 48000 -acodec libmp3lame -ab 256kb -ac 2 -v 9 "G:
    \gbpvr\Natural World\11_Elephants_Without_Borders_235613_6_3_2009 .mpg"
    FFmpeg version SVN-r7165, Copyright (c) 2000-2006 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
    configuration: --enable-mp3lame --enable-libnut --enable-libogg --enable-vorb
    is --enable-faad --enable-faac --enable-libgsm --enable-xvid --enable-x264 --ena
    ble-mingw32 --enable-a52 --enable-dts --enable-pp --enable-amr_nb --enable-amr_w
    b --enable-swscaler --enable-avisynth --enable-gpl --enable-memalign-hack --cpu=
    i686 --extra-ldflags=-static
    libavutil version: 49.1.0
    libavcodec version: 51.25.0
    libavformat version: 51.6.0
    built on Nov 24 2006 18:53:03, gcc: 4.0.3
    Input #0, mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2, from 'G:\gbpvr\Natural_World_11_Elephants_Wit
    hout_Borders.mov':
    Duration: 00:50:01.5, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 521 kb/s
    Stream #0.0(eng): Video: h264, yuv420p, 480x272, 25.00 fps(r)
    Stream #0.1(eng): Audio: aac, 48000 Hz, stereo
    Assuming PAL for target.
    Unknown codec 'libmp3lame'


    Quote Originally Posted by smiler View Post
    Ok, it is likely that the transcode is failing due to the FFMPEG exe not working correctly. There is an issue in that ffmpeg does not allow stdout redirection meaning that I cannot capture the output to display to the user. In a later version I might add a feature to check if the mpg was created.

    Anyway looking at the log you attached, to debug your problem open up a command window and paste in the following string, which is the string that GBPVR calls.
    Once you have pasted the string below, press enter and see what the error message is that you get back.

    You may need to run the download again with the config option to leave the downloaded mov file in place rather than deleting it.

    Code:
    C:\Program Files\Devnz\GBPVR\Third Party\ffmpeg\ffmpeg.exe   -i "G:\gbpvr\Natural_World_11_Elephants_Without_Borders.mov" -y -target dvd -aspect 16:9 -s 4cif -r 25 -b 5000kb -sameq -ar 48000 -acodec libmp3lame -ab 256kb -ac 2 -v 9 "G:\gbpvr\Natural World\11_Elephants_Without_Borders_235613_6_3_2009.mpg"
    Tell me how you get on...
    GBPVR 1.4.7
    Hauppauge PVR150, Hauppauge Nova-T 9200
    Nvidia 6200 S-Video to WS TV
    AMD 3200, HD 250GB and 500GB
    NTL Samsung with Red-Eye Serial

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •