Thread: Move ML2/ML3 to open source library

Move ML2/ML3 to open source library

Would anyone want to take over the code for ML2/ML3.

I could either give it to an individual or load it to an Open source library (code.google.com seems to work pretty well).

I'm not sure how much of it would lend itself to the GBPVR Library project (http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=39487) but some parts of it would.

I don;t have the time to develop for it anymore with the little one. Id this I'd prefer to open it up, rather than give to one person, so at least if I got the urge I could get in there and do some more.

Also I think someone would need to "own" it to take control of it's direction to make sure it doesn't sprawl and become an unwieldy beast.

The hat is off again to sub that he manages to deal with the whole system (rather than just a simple part) and kids and a "day job"

Thoughts?
    Gigabyte AMD A8 Brix, 4 Gb DDR3 Ram, 120 Gb SSD, Samsung LA46A650 TV (HDMI), Harmony Remote 525
    Windows 10 Pro, NPVR 3.5.7, AC3Filter Client
    Windows 10 Pro Virtual Machine SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual DVB-T with NPVR 3.5.7 Server
    1 x Roku3 with Plex, Plex Plugin, NextPVR Channel for Plex

psycik, when I finish Web Radio I will definitely consider helping out. I'd want to harmonize Bekken's Music Plugin db with yours though. I think there should only be one scan program, sort of like the community music db.

Martin

yeah I kinda agree. Im not happy with my scan program at the moment. Its too slow.

An Idea I've been kicking around with is trying to use the Squeezecenter mysql db, and use their scan engine. But most of the DB code I'd had would have to change again. Would be someone elses project i think.
    Gigabyte AMD A8 Brix, 4 Gb DDR3 Ram, 120 Gb SSD, Samsung LA46A650 TV (HDMI), Harmony Remote 525
    Windows 10 Pro, NPVR 3.5.7, AC3Filter Client
    Windows 10 Pro Virtual Machine SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual DVB-T with NPVR 3.5.7 Server
    1 x Roku3 with Plex, Plex Plugin, NextPVR Channel for Plex

As always I am ready to test any new releases.
    I do like the database approach which gives you many different ways to select songs. What I would like to see in a future release is the possibility to also select tracks on the basis of one single artist/composer name. In the present setting that is rather difficult due to the lack of standards in representing multiple names.
    Pieter