Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sticky for Wiki?

There's just so much good stuff in this thread it is hard to comment

But in essence pretty much all that has been discussed is what I was getting at. I was not for one moment suggesting that the Wiki should make any attempt to replace what the Forum does. But just the basic stuff that gets asked over and over, as many have commented in this and other threads just useful sometimes to say look here (wherever that may be) rather than re-write stuff all over again or have to search for threads to point someone to.

Blader is right though a sticky could get flooded with posts and then defeat the whole purpose of having it in the first place. Silly question but is there a way of closing a sticky/thread but editing it after, and then is the only person able to edit it the original poster?

Cheers

Steeb

Quote Originally Posted by steeb View Post
    Silly question but is there a way of closing a sticky/thread but editing it after, and then is the only person able to edit it the original poster?

Cheers

Steeb
    Moderators (and sub forum moderators) are the only ones that can lock/unlock threads.
    Fatman_do

HTPC: AMD XP+2500, 512MB DDR (400) ~ Capture Device: Hauppage PVR-150
    Storage: 30GB OS & Recording, 160GB Post Processing & Archive
    Video Output: HD 32" TV via eVGA Geforce 6200le 256MB AGP DVI-HDMI cable out
    Audio Output: Turtle Beach Riviera S/PDIF Optic Output (Digital pass thru only) to Home Theater Receiver

Moderator | Tutorials | Community Skin | CommunitySkin-SVN

Quote Originally Posted by McBainUK View Post
    Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by ACTCMS;
    Yes. And...yes!

Are you trying to give me a full time job ??

lol

And for the FAQ pages ....

Yet More Work I see....
    Regards Systemshark

Lounge: HDPC Intel i5, Asus Motherboard with Intel HDMI, 4Gb of Ram, 1Tb Disk, 60Gb SSD, Blackgold BT3595 Tuner, Hauppauge Nova T500 and HVR1700 in a LianLi C39 B Case.

Other Room : Liteon Wireless Media Centre/DVD Player

Software : Windows7 32 Bit, RedRat, XMLTV GUI and NPVR