Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: sTranscode - Transcoder and cutter for PC and PCH

Quote Originally Posted by maddogmike View Post
    Hi Guys

Do you know how I put subtitles into the MKV file (using the drag & drop batch file). I need to put a "this is the property of......." in each recording.

Thanks if you can help me !
    sTranscode doesn't create subtitle files. It uses files that have been dumped from DVD streams. If you want to create your own IDX files, rename them to name-of-your-show.idx and make sure it is in the same directory. sTranscode will automatically add it to the mkv file.

sTranscode 0.5.8 released

sTranscode 0.5.8 released

- Added support for AVCHDlite files. (Used to record video in many modern digital cameras.)
    - Added support for file concatenation. Requirements are below:
    - When concatenation is enabled sTranscode will concatenate all files with the same extension in a directory.
    - One file from the directory must be dropped on _guided_transcode. Choose "append" from first menu.
    - Files must have identical properties (IE: Same resolution, framerate, container,etc.)
    - Cutting via EDL will not occur
    - Added support for MKV chapters when EDL files are used for cutting. Each section is considered a chapter.
    - Added support for MKV chapters when transcoding DVD. sTranscode will use Chapter info in VIDEO_TS folder if found.
    - Added support for MKV chapters when concatenating videos. Each video will be it's own chapter.
    - sTranscode now has a better chance of choosing the best DVD audio track when multiple tracks of the same language are available. (It chooses the track with the most channels.)
    - Fixed error where sTranscode wouldn't log name of cut files
    - Fixed a situation where the two-pass audio size was returning a negative value
    - Fixed a bug in the vorbis command line argument when using bitrate management engine
    - Increased the accuracy when determining IVTC settings on 1080i content
    - Removed TS output support.

Latest version of sTranscode can be found here:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=4...8875faa4c6c51e

Here's an updated link to the latest files:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=67adnwo1c5b5p

stattik, I am trying to transcode (default) some of my recordings but I am not getting it to work. Attaching log files when trying to transcode a .ts file recorded with my HVR-4400.

Do you see any obvious error?

\\Agerdin

Hi Agerdin,

Sorry for the delay. I'll take a look at these logs and get back to you.

Hi Agerdin.

The error basically states that "E:\My Recordings\Time out\Time out_20110227_20302100.avi" can't be found. Can you verify that that file exists?

Quote Originally Posted by -stattik- View Post
    Hi Agerdin.

The error basically states that "E:\My Recordings\Time out\Time out_20110227_20302100.avi" can't be found. Can you verify that that file exists?
    stattik, thanks for looking into this.

The thing is that when starting the transcode process all I have is the .ts file and comskip files (txt, logo, edl, edlp). If I then choose anything else than option 5 (no resize) I get the error that either .avi or mkv file is missing.

Since I realized that I dont need to resize my transcodings this is not really an issue for me. I do however have other problems when transcodings just stopping or not even starting. This I think is because the ts files has errrors causing mencoder to abort.

Will try to capture logs when this happens next time.

\\Agerdin

agerdin, your response made me recheck the logs you sent. It's the cropping parameter that causes the problem which is why option 5 works for you. Would you be able to provide a small sample file that fails? I would really like to figure out what is causing the problem. I've have a new version of the script that I've been testing for a few months now and I think it handles these issues better.

stattik,

Here is a very small file (2mb) that fails if I choose anything but option 5.

Hopefully you will be able to recreate the problem and find a solution.

Thanks

\\Agerdin

Hi Agerdin. I think that sample may be too small. I can't even play the file back in mplayer or vlc. Would it be possible to provide a 5-10MB sample? You could test it out by dropping it on mplayer to see if it plays back. Mplayer is in the tools directory.