• Another music plugin

2 5.41%
  • Use another Windows program

5 13.51%
  • I don't listen to music

5 13.51%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it worth supporting MusicLibrray

I use ML3 all the time. More so in the last 6 months than ever before.

Paul
    Custom ASUS P8Z77 V-Deluxe, Core i7 3770k, 16 GB Memory-ASUS ENGTX560 DCII TOP/2DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 560, H80i Cooler, 750W PS, CM HAF XM RC-922XM-KKN1 case,Corsair GS CSSD-F240GBGS-BK 2.5" 500 SATA III SSD, HDHomerun Prime & Extend Tuners- running Windows 10 (and other goodies)
    #2--P877WS- Core i7 3770k, 16GB Memory-GeForce GTX 650Ti, SATA III SSD, H100i cooler, 750W PS, Windows 10

I use ML3 on a daily basis in winter time. The remainder of the year I am to busy with working on the house and garden. Apart from a minor issue with random lists that seems to affect only me, I am very happy with ML3. Being a database centered application, the usefulness of ML3 for me depends for a large extent on the quality of the tagging of individual tracks.

I'm still using the Jukebox plug-in on a daily basis. There is no way I can take it from the family. I've tried others and while nice the family didn't cotton to the added complexity. Jukebox has fit our needs for several years, it gives us multi zone with a nice user interface available on any TV in the house with the audio pumped through the whole house audio system.

I use ML3 every day I use one of the nightlies presumably the latest but I'm not sure what the latest one is I'll have to check.

to be honest it is my main use of gbpvr now that I have a virginmedia v box, to do all my tv recording for me

I come home from work start ml3 in random mode and do whatever else I need to do through the house and the music is available in any room at the touch of a button

I have just got an HD tv and I am considering an egreat unit to finally replace the mvp, presumably there are no problems with gbpvr and ml3 on one of these hd units

Tkgafs

I like it

I'm pretty sure I'm on the latest nightly. My music listening goes in cycles, but when I do use GBPVR for music, I use ML3. I love the ability to queue up a playlist of a genre I' in the mood for.
    Server - AMD 6 Core windows 10 with Hauppage WINTV-PVR2 USB2, HDHomerun Dual, and WINTV-HVR 1600 tuners | Clients -PCH A-100 and iOS

The best music plugin

It definitely is the best music plugin for GBPVR. It requires a bit of a learning curve and requires proper taggging, but I find it extremely powerful on large collections. ML3 has a simple, no frills UI.

@tkgafs: I migrated from 2 MVPs to 2 EGm34a units to to HD and ML3 is no different from before.

Guido

Ok, the results were pretty much what I suspected, I figured I knew many of the users from posts. Now that NPVR is out and you may have figured out that ML2/ML3 won't run will the lack of ML3 support hold you back?

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    Ok, the results were pretty much what I suspected, I figured I knew many of the users from posts. Now that NPVR is out and you may have figured out that ML2/ML3 won't run will the lack of ML3 support hold you back?

Martin
    For me yes partly - of course I could do something about it....or I could reorganise my music library to not need the DB - but where's the fun in that.

Perhaps it needs to be an ML4....
    Gigabyte AMD A8 Brix, 4 Gb DDR3 Ram, 120 Gb SSD, Samsung LA46A650 TV (HDMI), Harmony Remote 525
    Windows 10 Pro, NPVR 3.5.7, AC3Filter Client
    Windows 10 Pro Virtual Machine SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual DVB-T with NPVR 3.5.7 Server
    1 x Roku3 with Plex, Plex Plugin, NextPVR Channel for Plex

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    Now that NPVR is out and you may have figured out that ML2/ML3 won't run will the lack of ML3 support hold you back?
    For my daily use, absolutely. Im gonna get around to trying it out in beta mode of course.. sorta see what the future holds thing..

I wonder if this is gonna be like trying to get the whole XP crowd to migrate to 7/etc. lol

I think Martin is hoping for some response for others that haven't already responded but I would miss it badly.

I am running N-PVR on XP & it seems to run just fine, in fact I am damn sure it is running better than GB-PVR does.