• Another music plugin

2 5.41%
  • Use another Windows program

5 13.51%
  • I don't listen to music

5 13.51%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it worth supporting MusicLibrray

It will be interesting to hear from everyone because of the Catch 22 I'm in. Assuming sub is going to improve the NMT support in NPVR, ML4 is not going happen on 1.4.7 so I will need the strong support from all those great ML2/3 users who responded and provide psycik and me with feedback over the years. If most stay on 1.4.7 because of their MVP's or other reasons frankly it isn't worth doing.

Martin

Well my intention is to move an nmt based device later this year, so I would wish to see any continued support and development if you can stand it or have the time

Tkgafs

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    Now that NPVR is out and you may have figured out that ML2/ML3 won't run will the lack of ML3 support hold you back?
    Martin
    Well, with no support for both MVP and ML3, I will stick with 1.4.7. In the meantime I'll reconsider if a dedicated PVR as an intrinsically environment unfriendly solution is still something I want to maintain.
    Pieter

I am rather flexible having already moved to a double NMT-setup. However, without ML3/4 on N-PVR I will stick with 1.4.7 for the time being (as I have stuck with XP). MLx is my most important plugin followed by weather and of course some nice clean skin such as the beloved CS4.

I would be happy to get ML4 going.

The reason I don't use ML3 is that I want to browse my music in the file system view I have.
    If I could switch to folder view, I would love to use ML3 (or 4) with all that extra functionality that it brings.
    GBPVR PC: Win7 ult x64 / Intel P Duo / 2 gb RAM / Asus Extreme Radeon HD3450 HDTV
    Video: Sony 40'' LCD TV
    Plugins: MovieWiz, MLpanel, Videos library, Music Spot, WebRadio - and skin: Community WS

@7ore a folder view isn't really the way I want to go, ML3 really needs the data base. I did make a version the "looked" like the standard Music Library, but I prefer seeing everything at a glance.

As an update, now that psycik has release ML3 final, I am looking into porting some code to NPVR. After that I will see about ML4, it is unlkely there will be a GBPVR version. I will try and ensure ML4 works as well on the MVP as ML3 does in GBPVR.

Martin

If you build your 'folders' as main/artist/albums/ then the existing ML3 works pretty much like a folder view. The only time this doesnt work well is for Various Artists type of compilations.. for that I edited the tags so that VA (or Various Artists) appear as the album, and the artist/track as the tracks. Easy to find in the ML that way, I think.

Looking forward to ML4 Martin. I scanned in all of my cds , then add to it all of my hd albums.. ML is my 'permanent' connection to my audio.

OT a little, but what Id like to see in ML4 is the ability to save and edit playlists. I think this could be handy for ppl to use in other apps to load into a mp3 player or burn to cd for offline (auto/etc) use. I know we can use the LastPlayed playlist and save/rename it etc.. but an edit method would enable ppl to make some type of 'fav's of the week' etc type of thing ?

Thanks for keeping on top of ML and Webradio for us.. Music keeps me sane.

I think NPVR will be handier for playlist editing. It's not something I'd use with the 10' interface, and with NPVR since config.exe is "built-in" tools might be easier to implement.

Music probably made me insane but I'm happy with that.

Martin

ML3 and WebRadio are so fantastic, I don't think I will move to NPVR without them.

Thanks airberger. I think Web Radio 3.0 for NPVR is even better and I am moving to ML4 now on NPVR I should have a mini player out soon.

Martin