Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows Desktop Gadget support thread

Windows Desktop Gadget support thread

This is the new support thread for the Windows Desktop/Sidebar Gadget now included with NEWA.

See the Wiki page for more details.

Gadget with manual recording

I've noticed that manual recordings cause a glitch in the Desktop gadget, for all subsequent recordings.
    What, me worry?

New: MSI H270 PC Mate | Core i3-7100 | 16GB RAM | 275GB M.2 2280 SSD | 4TB + 2TB HDD | Zalman Z3 Case | Win10
    Old: Biostar TZ77B MB | Core i3 2120 | 4GB RAM | 128 GB SSD | 2TB HDD x 2 | Antec 302 Case | Win7x64
    HDHR Prime | HVR2250 | PCH A-110 | PCH A-100 | Harmony 650 & 700 remotes | Comcast | Schedules Direct

Thanks, I didn't notice this sticky topic.
    What, me worry?

New: MSI H270 PC Mate | Core i3-7100 | 16GB RAM | 275GB M.2 2280 SSD | 4TB + 2TB HDD | Zalman Z3 Case | Win10
    Old: Biostar TZ77B MB | Core i3 2120 | 4GB RAM | 128 GB SSD | 2TB HDD x 2 | Antec 302 Case | Win7x64
    HDHR Prime | HVR2250 | PCH A-110 | PCH A-100 | Harmony 650 & 700 remotes | Comcast | Schedules Direct

Quote Originally Posted by roy View Post
    I've noticed that manual recordings cause a glitch in the Desktop gadget, for all subsequent recordings.
    The problem is that it is looking for XML data that doesn't exist for manual recordings so it stops processing the rest of the recordings.

UncleJohnsBand, is there any way you could also provide the 'webServiceEPGEventObject' element for manual recordings in the gadget InfoXML? Thanks.

Hi

Been using this on Windows 7 from work (using HTTP), worked fine until 5 mins ago, getting NA - Check network conneciton, server, and settings.

If i use the URL and port i have in this gadgit, it opens the webpage, again this just stopped, so have no idea whats up!
    Many Thanks
    Ashley

Copyright 2015 - www.ashleygriffin.ca

I'm not sure. Hopefully it is just a temporary connection problem. If not, try it at home - maybe there is some kind of issue in the XML that is not being handled properly.

I migth have found the problem, it appears the domain used was partially failing, its now fully failed, so doesnt work in the IE browser as well as the gadgit
    Last edited by SFX Group; 2012-06-04 at 08:13 PM.
    Many Thanks
    Ashley

Confirmed it appears to have been an Internet domain / DNS issue
    Many Thanks
    Ashley

I'm unable to see the Free Disk Space numbers or bar of the foot of the window. This is probably because I have font size set to 150% (for viewing on a TV). The gadget is also too small for viewing at this size, and I can't read/access all the options. Could the gadget be made DPI-aware or, alternatively, could it have adjustable window sizes?

You can change the height of the disk space area by editing the .js and .css files manually. I can point you in the right direction if you want to do this. If you are talking about the Options dialog it is controlled by windows so this can't be enlarged (the Options of other gadgets should look the same way).