Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with IPTV device wiki page

Smile Help with IPTV device wiki page

Anyone using the IPTV device care to help flesh out this wiki page?

http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki....iceSetupDialog
    My Projects
    Programs Plugin (retired) | Volume OSD Plugin (retired) | Documentation Wiki (retired)

Bump
    My Projects
    Programs Plugin (retired) | Volume OSD Plugin (retired) | Documentation Wiki (retired)

To be honest, I don't think anyone is using it, and it's going to be removed in the next release. I added it for one particular cable operator in the US, who was a evalulating for possibly licensing NextPVR, but nothing ever came of it.

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    To be honest, I don't think anyone is using it, and it's going to be removed in the next release. I added it for one particular cable operator in the US, who was a evalulating for possibly licensing NextPVR, but nothing ever came of it.
    sub can I check as a sometime frustrated user? THAT WILL DEFINITELY be removed in the next release?

cheers

steeb

In the next release it will not appear in the device list (unless you already have it in your database from an earlier release).

Sub, can you confirm if the "IPTV device" feature was removed from 2.5.9? I want to know if I should delete the wiki page for it.
    My Projects

It will still show up for people that already had it listed. If you start with an empty database in 2.5.9, then it wont be added.

Hi sub, is there any way to add an IPTV device if you are fresh installing 2.6.2 and not upgrading from a previous version? My TV service (PTCL) uses udp multicasting.
    Thank you!

Sorry - no there isn't.

It is something I can't test here but over the years I've read that udpxy http://sourceforge.net/projects/udpxy/ works pretty good of creating http streams from upd IPTV If you can run that (maybe on your router) you might be able to use NetworkRecorder plugin.

Martin