I've been working on an extention of imilne's System plugin that add the ability to run NextPVR as a shell, replacing explorer.exe. Here is a pre-release build if anyone would like to test it.
- Adds "Logoff" to the power options popup.
- Adds a new settings tab: "Shell Functions".
- Adds the ability to replace explorer.exe shell with NextPVR.exe
- Adds the ability to logoff the current user automatically when you exit NextPVR (does not need to be running as shell).
- Adds the ability to run additional apps at startup when running as a shell.
All shell settings are per-user, so you can have one login that runs NextPVR as the shell and another user that runs the standard desktop (explorer.exe)
To run as shell for a user, log in to Windows as that user name and go to the System plugin settings and set them accordingly.
When running NextPVR as a shell, programs located in the Windows Start Menu's Startup folder and in the registry's Run location will not be launched. So if you need an additional program (like EventGhost) in the background, add it to the "Startup Apps" section in settings.
When NextPVR is set to run as the shell, "Logoff on exit" will automatically be enabled.
Testing has only been done on Win7 x64 at the moment.
- Startup apps can only be added in the settings screen at the moment. They cannot be removed, edited or reordered. You can edit/delete/reorder by editing the System.xml file manually.