Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freeview and Freesat Channel logos

Freeview and Freesat Channel logos

I am finding it a struggle to squeeze the logos into small enough file sizes to post on the forum even with ultra compression.

Do you think it would be appropriate to have a wiki page for Channel Logos?

If so if one of the nice wiki elves could put up a new page in an appropriate place in the wiki and let me have access I will look after the UK Freeview and Freesat logos (for the time being )

Also I am sure there are other people with logos - Jaggy NZ Freeview for one who could also contribute if they wanted.
    It's not an overly complicated system - it's more - overly simple operatives

I think the wiki would be an excellent place for the collections.
    They have a habit of getting lost in a forum whereas a fairly static wiki makes them easy to find and to refer to.

Further to this post, I was thinking of moving the UK Freesat ini file stuff (http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread...ng-Information) to the wiki but don't really see a suitable place for it to fit in. Any suggestions?

It's (obviously) not a plugin, but it's not really a utility either...just a misc download much like the logos.

Iain
    NextPVR Plugins: AudioAdjust | AutoRefresh | MediaInfo | MovieTrailers | ReClockOrNot | SubMenu | System

Quote Originally Posted by imilne View Post
    It's (obviously) not a plugin, but it's not really a utility either...just a misc download much like the logos.
    Which logically suggests the wiki should have a Misc Downloads section.

Cheers,
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Lao Pan View Post
    If so if one of the nice wiki elves could put up a new page in an appropriate place in the wiki and let me have access I will look after the UK Freeview and Freesat logos (for the time being )
    Do you need help with this? I think a Misc Downloads section could be created.

I like your logos and use them myself for UK Freeview.
    My Projects
    Programs Plugin (retired) | Volume OSD Plugin (retired) | Documentation Wiki (retired)

Quote Originally Posted by McBainUK View Post
    Do you need help with this? I think a Misc Downloads section could be created.

I like your logos and use them myself for UK Freeview.
    I think if I am reading between the lines correctly then we are being asked as wiki elves to create this?

This could be a time to look at the wiki structure (just an opinion?)

I would have thought with a small amount of lateral license the Community main group of the the wiki could be edited to include this further community involvement?

Only an idea but that would possibly bring in all of this great work by people into one section that 'covers all'?

hello all and cheers

steeb
    When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

NextPVR Documentation (wiki) admin/contributor

steeb! was just thinking the other day, where the heck did steeb go? it's been a month or two, hasn't it?
    NPVR Tech Support Sticky - - http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread...931#post480931
    ---------------------------
    my server: NPVR 3.9.2/Win10Pro 32-bit/AMD A6-7400K/hvr-2250 & hvr-1250 with Winegard Flatwave antenna/Schedules Direct
    playback client: Google Nexus Player running Android 7.1.1/Kodi 16.1 & X-NEWA 2.5.1

IMHO it might be useful to have a new section just below Utilities called something like "Other Useful Stuff" or "Misc" where the community could store their misc contributions (Lao Pan's freeview logo collection for example) rather than relying on attachments in forum threads which are not always easy to find and naturally disappear over time...

Of course, over time, that would likely create a problem with hints, tips and scripts which no longer apply to the then current version of of the base software and the plugins it inspires... and might actually result in creating more problems than it solves...

A considered structure underneath such a section might help users to home on what they are looking for though...

In the medium term, I think a wiki section for this sort of stuff is a really good idea - keep it simple for the moment - problems can be dealt with later if they develop...

Alex

PS I press the Submit Reply button with some trepidation BTW... ISTR that the time I posted in a thread that johnson42x and I both commented on (something about a band called Rush), he not only threatened to ban me... but my daughter too... and her partner... and any issue threrefrom...

Agreed with Alex - we definitely need a general purpose section for "bits and pieces" but it does need close moderation to trim out anything that becomes obsolete.

BTW...how could Rush be considered controversial?

Cheers,
    Brian

I think channel logos could use it's own section separate from a "general purpose" section, especially if we start putting up logo packs for specific regions.