Thread: NPVR documentation for NScriptHelper.exe

NPVR documentation for NScriptHelper.exe

I've gathered some info on the batch helper utility NScriptHelper.exe. Unfortunately, my id has expired on the Wiki and cannot add the page to the Utility section. If someone has the time and access, here is the content I was planning to add:

NScriptHelper.exe is a helper utility which is part of the core NPVR package. The utility provides a command line (i.e. batch) interface which can query the NPVR recording service. The executable can be found in the NPVR executables location.

Below lists the functions and calling syntax as of NPVR 3.1.1
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NScriptHelper -Description filename
    - Output description of recording from the EPG

Ex:
    c:\Program Files\NPVR>NScriptHelper -Description "d:\pvr\Recordings\Revolution\Revolution.S01E11.Th e Stand.ts"
    2013-03-25: Miles leads the rebels out of Philadelphia and away from Monroe's machine guns; Rachel is forced to leave her children behind -- again -- as she provides power to the rebels.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NScriptHelper -Cancel oid
    - Cancel recording with specific OID

NScriptHelper -Pending
    - Output list of pending recordings

Ex:
    c:\Program Files\NPVR>NScriptHelper -pending
    3089 534 2014/02/01 21:00:00 Black Sails
    3087 8 2014/02/03 20:00:00 Almost Human
    3091 10 2014/02/04 20:00:00 Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D
    3092 8 2014/02/06 21:00:00 Rake
    3093 62 2014/02/08 18:05:00 The Walking Dead
    3090 534 2014/02/08 21:00:00 Black Sails
    3094 62 2014/02/09 21:00:00 The Walking Dead
    3088 8 2014/02/10 20:00:00 Almost Human

NScriptHelper -Title filename
    - Output title of recording from the EPG

Ex:
    c:\Program Files\NPVR>NScriptHelper -title "d:\pvr\Recordings\Revolution\Revolution.S01E11.Th e Stand.ts"
    Revolution

NScriptHelper -SubTitle filename
    - Output the subtitle of recording from the EPG

Ex:
    c:\Program Files\NPVR>NScriptHelper -subTitle "d:\pvr\Recordings\Revolution\Revolution.S01E11.Th e Stand.ts"
    The Stand

NScriptHelper -Rename srcFileName tgtFileName
    - Rename the recording in the EPG to new name(location)
    Does NOT move/rename the actual file, only updates the database.

NScriptHelper -Delete filename
    - Delete the recording in the NPVR database
    Does NOT delete the actual file, only updates the database.

NScriptHelper -isRecording
    This function does not seem to work, always returns NOT RECORDING

Ex:
    c:\Program Files\NPVR>NScriptHelper -isRecording
    NOT RECORDING

NScriptHelper -isInUse
    - Display status of tuner (Recording or Not Recording)

Ex:
    c:\Program Files\NPVR>NScriptHelper -isInUse
    RECORDING
    c:\Program Files\NPVR>NScriptHelper -isInUse
    NOT RECORDING
    NPVR Server: Win10 / AMD Phenom II X4 965 / 8gRAM / ATI Radeon 7700 Series / Hauppauge 2250
    Misc: HDHR Prime, rPI OpenElec & Amazon FireStick Kodi clients

NScriptHelper -Rename srcFileName tgtFileName
    - Rename the recording in the EPG to new name(location)
    Does NOT move/rename the actual file, only updates the database.
    Can we get a guide to tell us how to do this so the entry in the database isn't deleted when renaming the file (along with the entries in the databases using NScriptHelper)? I lose every entry when I rename using this method.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaWiz View Post
    Unfortunately, my id has expired on the Wiki and cannot add the page to the Utility section. If someone has the time and access
    @JavaWiz

Hi JavaWiz. Your id has not expired on the Wiki. The NextPVR Wiki was created from scratch and is separate from the GB-PVR one. No account has been set up for you on this new Wiki.

I can dump the contents of your post into a NextPVR Wiki page in the Utilities section if you like but it would be preferable to also/as well give you an edit account on the NextPVR Wiki?

Cheers
    When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

NextPVR Documentation (wiki) admin/contributor

Sign me up! I'll try to contribute where I can..

Thanks
    NPVR Server: Win10 / AMD Phenom II X4 965 / 8gRAM / ATI Radeon 7700 Series / Hauppauge 2250
    Misc: HDHR Prime, rPI OpenElec & Amazon FireStick Kodi clients

Quote Originally Posted by JavaWiz View Post
    Sign me up! I'll try to contribute where I can..

Thanks
    Nice 1 JavaWiz will send pm within next 36 hours with details.

Cheers to you and all
    When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

NextPVR Documentation (wiki) admin/contributor

Quote Originally Posted by raceviper13 View Post
    Can we get a guide to tell us how to do this so the entry in the database isn't deleted when renaming the file (along with the entries in the databases using NScriptHelper)? I lose every entry when I rename using this method.
    I realize this was posted a long time ago, but I never saw a reply and I was in need of using NScriptHelper myself. I found that you have to rename the actual file prior to using the -rename function of NScriptHelper. If you rename the file 1st, it works every time. I setup a Python script to do the rename and then execute NScriptHelper.

Anyway... just some hopefully helpful info for anyone who happens to run across this.