Thread: nDroid TE v2.1.1 available - Beta Testers only

nDroid TE v2.1.1 available - Beta Testers only

I've just uploaded v2.1.1 to Google Play - give it time to appear (possibly a few hours).

I had intended to do it yesterday but my dev tools have gone screwy and it has taken several attempts to export the package for release.

- Fixed issue where port would revert to 0 when "No transcoding" was selected for Live TV
    - Fixed issue with incorrect URL encoding used when passing the URL of a Recordings file to a video player app
    - Fixed issue with logo images not being shown for channels with illegal filename characters, e.g., ABC2 / ABC4
    - Added Settings option to set default Media view
    - A few other minor tweaks.

Cheers,
    Brian
    Last edited by bgowland; 2014-02-23 at 08:54 AM.

Recordings work fine for me now. This means the new TE client can be used properly in our house since its first appearance last year. Great stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by odin View Post
    Recordings work fine for me now. This means the new TE client can be used properly in our house since its first appearance last year. Great stuff.
    Good to know - thanks for confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by bgowland View Post
    Good to know - thanks for confirmation.
    Working here too... recordings playback well..but did have a few 1080 recordings that could not be played, not sure why..no transcoding, btw

Quote Originally Posted by ccihon View Post
    Working here too... recordings playback well..but did have a few 1080 recordings that could not be played, not sure why..no transcoding, btw
    OK, good to know it's working in general. As for the 1080 recordings that don't work - not sure I can advise - possibly glitches in the timing or similar which might be throwing the player on the Android device. You could zip / post the nDroidServiceStreamer.log file and I'll see if there's anything obvious in the logs.

Cheers,
    Brian

Hello... Am curious how well TE will work with an android phone. I know a smaller screen, but have been working with nDroid and am unhappy with results... Just wondering if nDroid development and improvements are a moot point... Thanx!

Quote Originally Posted by Grampz View Post
    Hello... Am curious how well TE will work with an android phone.
    It's designed to automatically change its screen layout depending on screen size so on a phone TE will look pretty much like nDroid v1.x.

...but have been working with nDroid and am unhappy with results
    Anything specific?

Just wondering if nDroid development and improvements are a moot point
    Yes, the original nDroid project is permanently on ice - aside from the fact running two different projects which use a lot of the same back-end code is messy, the original nDroid code had become bloated and difficult to manage.

Cheers,
    Brian

I am getting duplication on some of the channel listings - is this a known issue?

Quote Originally Posted by odin View Post
    I am getting duplication on some of the channel listings - is this a known issue?
    It's not something I've seen. Can you explain further? Where are you seeing this and what sort of device (phone / tablet ?).