Thread: how to setup IR blaster in NExtPVR for HVR-1600

how to setup IR blaster in NExtPVR for HVR-1600

I am new to NextPVR and this may have been answered already. I have a Hauppauge HVR-1600 ATSC/QAM combo card. I have used it for years with SageTV and have now been looking at NextPVR since SageTV is no longer around. I installed NextPVR and it detected my tuner card with the two tuners on it. The way I had it setup in SageTV was on the one tuner connector I would run the cable in directly from the wall and use clear QAM to configure the channels. The second connector I would connect to my cable box and use the IR blaster to change the channel and that tuner would be set to channel 3. I have installed NextPVR and was able to use the cable that was directly hooked up to the tuner and scan the channels and was able to configure that. The second device I would like to use the IR blaster to change the channel. I read all through the forums about going into the device settings and setting the irblaster.exe but I do not see this in my devices. Any help would be greatly appreciated. All I see in my devices is what listed below:

First Device
    Device - Hauppauge WinTV 418 BDA Tuner
    Type - QAM
    Enabled - is checked
    Common Interface - is grey out
    Channels - Default Cable Frequencies

Second Device
    Device - Hauppauge WinTV 418 BDA Tuner
    Type - ATSC
    Enabled - is checked
    Common Interface - is grey out
    Channels - Default Cable Frequencies

It does not have the area to select the program to change channels as I have read in other articles.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

IT sounds like you need to try treating the analog side of that card as a capture device. Here's some info on Hauppauge SoftPVR for NextPVR.

http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki....uppaugeSoftPVR

That software allows me to use the Hauppauge HDPVR capture device with an IR blaster, so it might do the same for the 1600. If that all works, you should start seeing options to create the channels as mentioned in the docs you found.

P.S. I'm not sure the Documentation sub-forum is the best place for this post. Maybe the moderators can move it up to the NextPVR support sub-forum.

Good question dnrmatthews,

pkscout is probably quite correct. On both points.

Either way the NextPVR doc thread may not be the best place to get answers for this so moved into NextPVR support thread.

cheers all

steeb

Analog support is only available in NextPVR if WinTV is installed (or the SoftPVR components that come with it). It'll make use of your device's hardware encoder, but needs the TS multiplexer filter from this WinTV component.

pkscout suggestion resolved my issue and I was able to get the IR Blaster working correctly. Thanks for the help and quick response. I have been a long time user of SageTV but now looking to switch over to NextPVR and XBMC.
    Last edited by dnrmatthews; 2014-07-03 at 03:14 PM.