Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Comskip in NEXTPVR and X-NEWA in KODI?

Comskip in NEXTPVR and X-NEWA in KODI?

I record to unc paths and Comskip works if I play the files uising KODI or PLEXXBMC ... but If I use NPVR plugin or X-NEW it does not work ... is there something else I can do or does it simply not work with NPVR plugin or X-NEW. In PLEXXBMC all it took to get it to work was to change Stream from PMS to smb. Is there something similar I can do to get NPVR plugin or X-NEW to work?
    NEXTPVR Server Acer AM3910-UR10P Intel Core i3-540 3.06GHz Desktop, Windows 8.1 Pro. 64bit, 2 HdHomerun units(OTA Tuners) , 1 HD Homerun Prime , for a total of 7 HD Tuners , LinkSYS 16 port Gigabyte Switch.
    D-link 857 Router

Quote Originally Posted by NYPlayer View Post
    I record to unc paths and Comskip works if I play the files uising KODI or PLEXXBMC ... but If I use NPVR plugin or X-NEW it does not work ... is there something else I can do or does it simply not work with NPVR plugin or X-NEW. In PLEXXBMC all it took to get it to work was to change Stream from PMS to smb. Is there something similar I can do to get NPVR plugin or X-NEW to work?
    Let's see your kodi.log showing playback of one of these files.

Martin

Ok It is working in X-NEWA I had the Streaming Mode as PVR set it to Native and comskip works. Also for any users out there they should make sure that the comskip INI contains edl_skip_field=3 for comskip to work on KODI. The only one that is not working is the PVR Client Plugin. Working log attached Criminal Minds.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    NEXTPVR Server Acer AM3910-UR10P Intel Core i3-540 3.06GHz Desktop, Windows 8.1 Pro. 64bit, 2 HdHomerun units(OTA Tuners) , 1 HD Homerun Prime , for a total of 7 HD Tuners , LinkSYS 16 port Gigabyte Switch.
    D-link 857 Router

Ok It is working in X-NEWA I had the Streaming Mode as PVR set it to Native and comskip works. Also for any users out there they should make sure that the comskip INI contains edl_skip_field=3 for comskip to work on KODI. The only one that is not working is the PVR Client Plugin. Working log attached Criminal Minds.
    In theory, PVR mode should only be used for live tv so I will check why this is a problem.

Martin

PVR mode doesn't impact file based streaming but vlc mode does.

Martin

Comskip does not work in PVR mode .... neither does it in the NextPVR plugin from Sub ... I believe the the plugin does not use SMB but it streams the file.
    D-link 857 Router

Comskip does not work in PVR mode .... neither does it in the NextPVR plugin from Sub ... I believe the the plugin does not use SMB but it streams the file.
    You are half right, it won't work with http but comskip will work with x-newa's PVR mode. I just confirmed that.

Martin

I am using XMBC 13.2. Can it use the EDL file to skip commercials?
    NPVR 3.7.7 o Kodi 16.1 o EventGhost 0.4.1.r1722 o SAF 6.3.1 o SchedulesDirect

Case: Apevia X-Qpack HTPC o Motherboard: Asus P8H67-MLE o CPU: Intel Core i3-2100 o RAM: 8 GB o OS: Win7 64-bit
    Tuner: HDHomeRun dual tuner o Leaf SkyHDTV antenna o Remote: Microsoft MCE
    Hard drives: Samsung 500 GB SSD, Seagate 2 TB SATA2, Samsung 540 GB SATA2 o Input: Logitech USB keyboard & mouse
    Video: ATI Radeon 7750 o Monitor: Viewsonic 27" VX2703MH-LED, LG 65" LCD TV

Quote Originally Posted by Wakalaka View Post
    I am using XMBC 13.2. Can it use the EDL file to skip commercials?
    Yes but as mentioned you really want the edl files to be stored as skip not cut. NextPVR doesn't differentiate but the last value in the edl file is 3 not 0.
    Martin

I put "edl_skip_field=3" at the bottom of comskip.ini which is in the same directory as comskip.exe and XBMC didn't skip the commercial, while NextPVR did.
    Here is my comskip version: Comskip 0.81.069, made using avcodec

comskip.ini has a line for output_vdr, and it was set to 0. I will try it when set to 1.
    output_vdr=1 ; set to 1 if you want XBMC to skipping commercials
    Last edited by Wakalaka; 2014-11-29 at 02:45 AM.
    NPVR 3.7.7 o Kodi 16.1 o EventGhost 0.4.1.r1722 o SAF 6.3.1 o SchedulesDirect

Case: Apevia X-Qpack HTPC o Motherboard: Asus P8H67-MLE o CPU: Intel Core i3-2100 o RAM: 8 GB o OS: Win7 64-bit
    Tuner: HDHomeRun dual tuner o Leaf SkyHDTV antenna o Remote: Microsoft MCE
    Hard drives: Samsung 500 GB SSD, Seagate 2 TB SATA2, Samsung 540 GB SATA2 o Input: Logitech USB keyboard & mouse
    Video: ATI Radeon 7750 o Monitor: Viewsonic 27" VX2703MH-LED, LG 65" LCD TV