Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Comskip in NEXTPVR and X-NEWA in KODI?

There are lots of caveats. If you are using sub's PVR Addon it won't work. If you aren't playing from a share it won't work. If you are using x-newa and reading from a share compress and upload your xbmc.log or kodi.log file or post a link to a xbmclogs.com copy.

Martin

I have a recording done by NextPVR (not by sub's PVR addon for XBMC), and play it in XBMC. Will this scenario skip commercials?
    NPVR 3.7.7 o Kodi 16.1 o EventGhost 0.4.1.r1722 o SAF 6.3.1 o SchedulesDirect

Case: Apevia X-Qpack HTPC o Motherboard: Asus P8H67-MLE o CPU: Intel Core i3-2100 o RAM: 8 GB o OS: Win7 64-bit
    Tuner: HDHomeRun dual tuner o Leaf SkyHDTV antenna o Remote: Microsoft MCE
    Hard drives: Samsung 500 GB SSD, Seagate 2 TB SATA2, Samsung 540 GB SATA2 o Input: Logitech USB keyboard & mouse
    Video: ATI Radeon 7750 o Monitor: Viewsonic 27" VX2703MH-LED, LG 65" LCD TV

Quote Originally Posted by Wakalaka View Post
    I have a recording done by NextPVR (not by sub's PVR addon for XBMC), and play it in XBMC. Will this scenario skip commercials?
    If you play with a filename and a comskip file it should.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    There are lots of caveats. If you are using sub's PVR Addon it won't work. If you aren't playing from a share it won't work. If you are using x-newa and reading from a share compress and upload your xbmc.log or kodi.log file or post a link to a xbmclogs.com copy.

Martin
    Hi Martin. When say "share", do you mean the recording directory is configured as a share in NextPVR? I am trying to see if I can use comskip, but I am not clear on the conditions. It sounds like it should work through x-newa, but I do not know if that happens through Recordings or going through Videos. Thanks.
    NPVR 1.5.36, PVR-150 tuner(cable & Sat), Fusionlite 5 tuner (ATSC), HDHomeRun, AMD 2.2 GHz Athlon, 3 PCH NMT devices.

For a remote client It can work with either Recordings or Videos if the folder is shared and Kodi is aware that it is shared. NextPVR doesn't have to be using it as a share if you use advancedsettings.xml

Martin

Thanks. I had to do some digging to add the xml file (path substitution) and now it is working beautifully.
    NPVR 1.5.36, PVR-150 tuner(cable & Sat), Fusionlite 5 tuner (ATSC), HDHomeRun, AMD 2.2 GHz Athlon, 3 PCH NMT devices.

I noticed that Comskip works on my transcoded recordings in H264 ... but will not work on the original TS files.
    NEXTPVR Server Acer AM3910-UR10P Intel Core i3-540 3.06GHz Desktop, Windows 8.1 Pro. 64bit, 2 HdHomerun units(OTA Tuners) , 1 HD Homerun Prime , for a total of 7 HD Tuners , LinkSYS 16 port Gigabyte Switch.
    D-link 857 Router

If you move files with drag and drop files in Windows they will won't have the proper share permissions. Is it possible that is what you are doing to create the Season folder I noted in your iGL log yesterday? If not trying playing the same file in the web client Video Library and I can see if the kodi log shows the EDL load.

Martin

Kodi has no problem comskipping them from TV Shows. It only does not work if I use X-NEWA Interface to play them. Playing them through KODI they all skip fine.

BTW I disabled my rename to seasons and the TS recorded files still will not Comskip when played through X-NEWA Interface. On my Openelec Raspberry PI. I will try in the morning using a windows client.
    NEXTPVR Server Acer AM3910-UR10P Intel Core i3-540 3.06GHz Desktop, Windows 8.1 Pro. 64bit, 2 HdHomerun units(OTA Tuners) , 1 HD Homerun Prime , for a total of 7 HD Tuners , LinkSYS 16 port Gigabyte Switch.
    D-link 857 Router

Quote Originally Posted by NYPlayer View Post
    Kodi has no problem comskipping them from TV Shows. It only does not work if I use X-NEWA Interface to play them. Playing them through KODI they all skip fine.

BTW I disabled my rename to seasons and the TS recorded files still will not Comskip when played through X-NEWA Interface. On my Openelec Raspberry PI. I will try in the morning using a windows client.
    As I wrote, I need to see the kodi.log file if you need my help. It is unlikely the platform, more likely just the advancedsettings.xml

Martin