These are the steps to install the app using the Smart TV apploader tool:
- Download and unzip https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...VApploader.zip.
- Run SmartTVApploader.exe on your Next PVR server/computer (you may need to run as administrator).
- Use the tab NextPVRWeb to install the app to be served from the NextPVR inbuilt Web server (think NEWA) rather than installed locally on the TV set.
Hit the green button for the latest stable version.
If successful you should be able to navigate the NextPVR UI using an ordinary html5 enabled browser on address http://your-server-ip:8866/touch3/client3.html after entering the correct IP address in settings.
This screenshot is showing NextPVR in a desktop Google Chrome browser.
Accessing the app this way is experimental and showing debugging information along with some navigation buttons.
Also video playback is currently not supported but you may use it to manage your recordings or view EPG.
- For Samsung
Using the Samsung tab, choose to install the app “NextPVRWeb Launcher”. This is a small program that connects with the NextPVR app you installed in the previous step.
Use the "user application synchronization" procedure to install the app onto the TV. Your specific IP address to use for synchronization will be visible in the tool.
If your are not familiar with "user application synchronization"a quick Internet search should give you the necessary details which also slightly differs between year-models.
- For LG NetCast, WebOS Not supported
Use the LG tab in the tool to install the launcher app onto the USB memory stick you need to put into the TV.
Don't forget that you also need to have an account and be logged in on the TV or you won't see the app from the USB stick.
(Read TV's Electronic user guide - LG SMART Function/To Use LG Smart World)
It may take some time (5 min or so) after you inserted the USB stick till the app shows, it has to do with LG doing some checks over the internet.
Time to run the app
- Start “NextPVRWeb Launcher” on the TV. Enter the IP address for your NextPVR server.
- After a few seconds you should see the settings and options page.
- Enter the IP address for your NextPVR server and choose to connect.
You are up and running!
Enter zero three times (0 0 0) to get into settings again if needed.
This is from a desktop browser. It will look slightly different on a Samsung or LG device.
New version update is very simple:
- Nothing to download, just start the SmartTVApploader.exe from before and hit the green button on the NextPVRWeb tab.
This will update your NextPVR server with the latest version of the app. There are no update or installation steps on the TV itself.
If you wish to install any other version, choose from list “available versions” and hit the gray button.
- Power cycle your Smart TV device to make sure the app is reloaded.