Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: WOL wait / timeout

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    177

    WOL wait / timeout

    First of all - great project, well working app. I am running it on two Samsungs (UE55H6290 and UE40F6270).

    I have found out the the app does WOL. However, my server needs a bit longer to wake up. Is there a way of increasing the WOL wait until the app times out and returns to the server config screen?

    Thanks
    Guido

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    449
    Quote Originally Posted by newyankee View Post
    First of all - great project, well working app. I am running it on two Samsungs (UE55H6290 and UE40F6270).

    I have found out the the app does WOL. However, my server needs a bit longer to wake up. Is there a way of increasing the WOL wait until the app times out and returns to the server config screen?

    Thanks
    Guido
    Sorry to disappoint you but my app doesn't do WOL.
    I don't think it's even possible to perform a WOL from javascript without help from another service relaying the WOL.
    Your computer is probably configured to wake on network activity or your router has some clever way of sending the magic packets to wake the computer.

    The timeout is hard coded ATM but that can be changed. I'll put in on the wish-list.

    How much time does your server need to wake up?

    By "server config screen" do you mean the first one with a single IP address or the app config (0-0-0) with all the different options?

    /Fred

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by fred250 View Post
    Sorry to disappoint you but my app doesn't do WOL.
    You are right of course. I was under the impression that I had set the power options on the ethernet controller to "magic packet only" but that was not the case as I just found out. But this works well enough without preventing the server from sleeping.
    Name:  Zwischenablage-1.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  25.9 KB

    Quote Originally Posted by fred250 View Post
    The timeout is hard coded ATM but that can be changed.
    How much time does your server need to wake up?
    35 seconds to the logon screen but apparently, npvr service is not started by then. Timed out again. About 45 seconds from first start of the app to the npvr menu on the tv with 4-5 intermediate button presses to bypass the IP config.

    Quote Originally Posted by fred250 View Post
    By "server config screen" do you mean the first one with a single IP address or the app config (0-0-0) with all the different options?
    The single IP config screen.

    Thanks very much for considering
    Guido
    Last edited by newyankee; 2015-10-15 at 05:27 AM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    449
    Changed to a 90 sec timeout.
    Update using the Samsung tab in Smart TV apploader.
    http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread...Samsung-and-LG

    /Fred

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by fred250 View Post
    Changed to a 90 sec timeout.
    The 90sec timeout is sufficient. Works a treat now.

    Thanks Fred!
    Guido
    Last edited by newyankee; 2015-11-02 at 10:02 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •