Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Missing Archive Button in Recordings Screen?

Missing Archive Button in Recordings Screen?

It used to be there? Where did it go ...

k.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ASUS P5K-PRO Q9300 2.5GHz | Win10x64 | 6GB RAM | NVIDIA GEforce 210 | 1 x WinTV DMB-TH | Various HD's | AC68U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A110 | Hauppauge Colossus |
    If you've ever become frustrated because something in NextPVR is not working, take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.

Mordor?
    WinXP SP3 A8V-X Athlon 64 FX-60 2.60GHz 2GB
    NextPVR 3.4.8

Quote Originally Posted by jksmurf View Post
    It used to be there? Where did it go ...
    It's not in these screens. You can untick the 'show metadata screens in Recordings' check box in Settings->Misc2 if you'd prefer to use the original Recordings screen.

Quote Originally Posted by dixxfixx View Post
    Mordor?
    Russia, according to Google.

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    It's not in these screens. You can untick the 'show metadata screens in Recordings' check box in Settings->Misc2 if you'd prefer to use the original Recordings screen.
    Hmm. I did try reverting back, but no button appeared. Do I need to start and stop NexPVR? Or do I need the Archive Directory listed in Recordings Directories Tab as per Wiki pic attached (I currently have it in the Media Folders one.

Bummer. I really like the metadata screens in Recordings. Any chance of having the Archive option there too?

k.
    ASUS P5K-PRO Q9300 2.5GHz | Win10x64 | 6GB RAM | NVIDIA GEforce 210 | 1 x WinTV DMB-TH | Various HD's | AC68U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A110 | Hauppauge Colossus |
    If you've ever become frustrated because something in NextPVR is not working, take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.

Quote Originally Posted by jksmurf View Post
    Hmm. I did try reverting back, but no button appeared. Do I need to start and stop NexPVR? Or do I need the Archive Directory listed in Recordings Directories Tab as per Wiki pic attached (I currently have it in the Media Folders one.
    There has only ever been one screen in NextPVR that has the 'Archive' button (pictured below, ie the Show Details popup). It'll only list this button if you have multiple recording directories set though, since this option gives you the option to move a recording between recording directories.

Bummer. I really like the metadata screens in Recordings. Any chance of having the Archive option there too?
    Yeah, I could look into adding it. It'll probably be hidden up in the top menu though, because I don't want it cluttering the main screen.

There has only ever been one screen in NextPVR that has the 'Archive' button (pictured below, ie the Show Details popup). It'll only list this button if you have multiple recording directories set though, since this option gives you the option to move a recording between recording directories.
    Ah, OK. Thanks for the clarification sub.

Yeah, I could look into adding it. It'll probably be hidden up in the top menu though, because I don't want it cluttering the main screen.
    Cool, and that's fine. Just means I don't have to keep swapping settngs when I want to Archive stuff.

My next request is a BATCH Archive of whole series... I see you could do with that for your Better Call Saul example ... :-)

cheers

k.

That would be a good place for it - can we have it on the folder level screen as well? It would make it so much easier to archive a whole folder at a time.
    Also while you are changing stuff in the new screens - could we have it return to the folder you have just left (in the folder screen) when you exit the file level, as per the original recordings screen. At the moment it always returns to the first folder in the list.
    It's not an overly complicated system - it's more - overly simple operatives

Quote Originally Posted by Lao Pan View Post
    That would be a good place for it - can we have it on the folder level screen as well? It would make it so much easier to archive a whole folder at a time.
    Also while you are changing stuff in the new screens - could we have it return to the folder you have just left (in the folder screen) when you exit the file level, as per the original recordings screen. At the moment it always returns to the first folder in the list.
    +1 for this request

"There are 10 sorts of people, those who understand binary numbers and those who don't"

Quote Originally Posted by Lao Pan View Post
    +2 :-)

+3