Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NextPVR App black screen

NextPVR App black screen

Hello I just purchased the NextPVR app It opens and i get the guide when i select a channel I get a black screen with starting Device -please wait along the top it disappears after a while and the screen is all black expect for a blue Back button.
    I am running Next PVR 3.7.7 App Version 1.2(build9)
    On my setting page for
    decoders I have Video Renderer EVR audio Renderer Default Music Renderer default
    video decoreds MPEG2 Microsoft DTV-DVD h.264 Microsoft DTV-DVD HEVC LAV VIDEO Decorder.

When I check C:\Program Files\NPVR\Other my ffmepg.exe is from 1/31/2016
    When I check C:\Users\Public\NPVR\web\temp I get files that show the channel but they are all 0 byte length when I open them there is nothing in the file.

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I am not sure what or where to go looking next.

Can you restart your recording service (to reset the logs), then restart the app on your phone, and try watching a channel, then post your logs?

I restarted the recording service and closed the app on my phone when I tired again I got the same result just the black screen and a 0 byte log in C:\Users\Public\NPVR\web\temp Is there a config file for the logging level I need to set?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by williy0385; 2016-08-10 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Added zero byte file

You need to use the "zip my log files for me, and show me where the zip file is" button in the Settings->About screen to collect those logs I was after.

Correct log files

Sorry I miss understood on what files you wanted I have update this thread with the correct log files. Thank you for your help.

I see that channel was 11.1. Do you have any channels with out ".minor" channel number that you can try, to see if it's a factor? or temporarily renumber the channel to 11.0?

If you can confirm that is the cause of the problem, I'll find the cause and fix.

I will check when I get home I know alot of my channels were .some thing.
    How do I change the channel numbers?

In the Settings->Channels screen, right click on a channel and select 'Details'. In that screen you can change the channel number. If you changed 11.1 to 11.0, then it'll just be treated as "11"

I changed the channel to 11 due to all my channels being. something. I stopped and started the recording service. i tired the streaming and still got the black screen. I zipped up the logs and attached. I did make sure the channel was still working from the computer which it was. I appreciate all the help.

Can you try running the following in a command prompt and let me know what happens?

Code:
    "C:\Program Files\NPVR\Other\ffmpeg.exe" -y  -i http://127.0.0.1:8866/live?channel=11&transcoder=ef4a091e-b255-4c55-934e-8984f1c2dd53 -map_metadata -1 -threads 0 -map 0:0 -map 0:1 -map -0:s -codec:v:0 libx264 -pix_fmt yuv420p -preset superfast -crf 23 -b:v 2000000 -maxrate 2000000 -bufsize 2698344 -vsync vfr -profile:v high -level 41 -aspect 16:9 -force_key_frames "expr:gte(t,n_forced*3)" -s 1280x720  -flags -global_header -sc_threshold 0 -codec:a:0 aac -strict experimental -ac 2 -ab 128000 -af "adelay=1,aresample=async=1" -hls_time 3 -start_number 0 -hls_list_size 0 -y "C:\Users\Public\NPVR\web\temp\KARE-HD-ef4a091eb2554c55934e8984f1c2dd53.m3u8"
    ...yep, big long command line so don't type it in. Copy and paste...