Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: XNEWA Estuary Skin for Kodi 17

XNEWA Estuary Skin for Kodi 17

OK, Kodi 17 has finally hit beta, so I downloaded it last night. I can definitely confirm that the Confluence skinning of XNEWA does not work with Estuary (no surprise there). Over the next couple of weeks I'm going to see about skinning XNEWA for Estuary the same as was done for Confluence. I'll post updates here as I get further along.

I'm mostly posting just to have a single place for updates and feedback on this.

Hi I have started updating Classic too. Just the Dashboard plus made recordings do a slide out menu. For the sub menus not sure whether to use your Confluence as a base. II will upload an alpha with this so you switch around.

Martin
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Great. It looks like you may have done most of the heavy lifting. With Kodi 17 I'm not sure how much I'm going to use XNEWA, but since I had promised to do this I didn't want to back out. I'll look at what's in the Alpha and see where I can help.

I just change things in the skin until it looks ok. If you don't have time I can poke away at the others. I definitely could use your expertise on how to use the skin to update the title (Sort by Name just shows up.

Martin

Will do. I just remembered we have guests coming in town this weekend, so it might be next week before I can dig in to this.

OK, here's the first run at this. Right now the folder is named Estuary Dev, so you either need to rename it or add something to the settings file so you can choose Estuary Dev from the list.

I'm pretty sure everything works, and it even changes colors if you change the Estuary Skin color. I also checked, and it works 99% fine with Guilouz's Estuary Mod. The only thing you lose is the little TV icon in the upper left corner. I may figure out how to have a different image if you're using Guilouz's mod.

At this point this only thing I can't figure out is how to get the Sort by:Name subtitle on the upper bar to not appear (or even better, have it show the sort order for screens that have a sort order). That'll be a project for another day.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks, I will have a look at it. I am glad you have the options and list counsts on the status bar and full screen black slide outs I couldn't figure those out. One thing I can't get Options to keep the menu out.

I also see this

21:24:18 T:7916 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: VisibleFadeEffect

I think I like my alpha2 EPG better I will have to play a bit.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    Thanks, I will have a look at it. I am glad you have the options and list counsts on the status bar and full screen black slide outs I couldn't figure those out. One thing I can't get Options to keep the menu out.

I also see this

21:24:18 T:7916 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: VisibleFadeEffect

I think I like my alpha2 EPG better I will have to play a bit.

Martin
    VisibleFadeEffect is left over from Confluence. It's line 23 on basically every file in the skin and can be removed. Let me know if you want me to do anything else.

I found an error in one of the detail screens and then decided it really should be the same size as the other detail screens. So here's an updated nextpvr_details.xml.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks pkscout I have uploaded alpha7 with your skins tweaked a bit

- home screen added list background for consistency with other screens
    - made some list boxes bigger for longer lengths
    - reworked the EPG plus changed to the python code to better handle 1080i skins

Martin