Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: XNEWA Estuary Skin for Kodi 17

Quote Originally Posted by pkscout View Post
    I'm attaching a screen shot of the updated Estuary skin. There seems to be a gray box in a strange place. I don't remember seeing that during development, but when I get home (I live in Hawaii), I'll check again. Also, a number of the shows have ': None' after them. I think that started showing up with Alpha 6 (or maybe 5), I just hadn't made time to post about it.

edit: I just uploaded a zip of that screenshot, as it looks like the forum tool shrunk it to the point you can't actually see anything.
    I don't see that. I am running beta3 perhaps that is it? I do see this in the log

17:54:38 T:19720 INFO: Loading skin file: C:\Users\Martin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script .xbmc.x-newa\resources\skins\Estuary\1080i\nextpvr_home.xm l, load type: LOAD_ON_GUI_INIT
    17:54:38 T:19720 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: VisibleFadeEffect
    17:54:38 T:19720 DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory ()
    17:54:38 T:19720 DEBUG: ParentPath = []
    17:54:38 T:19720 ERROR: CGUITextureManager::GetTexturePath: could not find texture 'floor.png'
    17:54:38 T:19720 ERROR: CGUITextureManager::GetTexturePath: could not find texture 'ContentPanel.png'
    17:54:38 T:19720 ERROR: CGUITextureManager::GetTexturePath: could not find texture 'ContentPanelMirror.png'

Those would be your code I think.

Martin

OK, I did some more testing. I deleted the media folder from the Estuary skin folder (this is all media from the default skin I think and isn't used, in theory). That cleared the odd gray box problem up. Then I went in and fixed the code so that the last of the old Confluence references were removed (floor.png, ContentPanel.png, and ContentPanelMirror.png). I put those in *and* put the media files back. That also fixed the problem.

I've zipped the updated 1080i folder (the 720p one doesn't seem to have the code remnants) for you. I don't think the media folder is needed, but it doesn't appear to be doing any harm (anymore anyway).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by pkscout; 2016-10-08 at 07:10 AM.

That seems to be the alpha7 1080i folder

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    That seems to be the alpha7 1080i folder
    Sorry. That's what happens when you have too many things on too many different machines. I updated the post with the updated ones and gave it a v2 name just to make sure the forum server doesn't hand out a cached version.

Would you know how to add a clickable hidden time line image to a skin? I am now working on getting the NextPVR OSD on recordings, and I'd like to be able to click on it for navigation.

Thanks,

Martin
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Would you know how to add a clickable hidden time line image to a skin? I am now working on getting the NextPVR OSD on recordings, and I'd like to be able to click on it for navigation.
    Martin: Would this OSD work with the web client or just the native Kodi X-NEWA interface?

Quote Originally Posted by BrettB View Post
    Martin: Would this OSD work with the web client or just the native Kodi X-NEWA interface?
    Web client. I am experimenting with sub's newer media OSD interface that he implmented with NLite and it is quirky right now but shows promise.

Martin

In the nextpvr_home for Estuary, button 999 is a fake button that isn't visible for initial focus. Maybe if you did something like that with an onclick option (the button I referenced just has options for left, right, up, down) that would work. That's my best first place to start anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by pkscout View Post
    In the nextpvr_home for Estuary, button 999 is a fake button that isn't visible for initial focus. Maybe if you did something like that with an onclick option (the button I referenced just has options for left, right, up, down) that would work. That's my best first place to start anyway.
    I was easier then I thought, I just put a transparent slider behind the NextPVR timeline with a <action>seek</action> and Kodi does it all for me.

Martin

@pkscout, they changed the Estuary skin on us https://kodi.tv/kodi-v17-krypton-default-skin-next-gen/ and I installed it yesterday and unfortunately it breaks a lot of things. It is still not in the nightlies so I did a manual install

It is a busy time of year will you have anytime to look or should I go forward with the changes. I probably will bring in cover and fanart after the basic UI is worked out For me I haven't decided if I like the lists on the left, centre or right from that page.

Martin
    Last edited by mvallevand; 2016-11-23 at 02:07 PM.