Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blanck screens with x-newa

Blanck screens with x-newa

By the way, I have been having a similar problem where the screen would go blank, and then I have to do something with the remote for it to show backup. I have been meaning to get logs but never got around to it. It really confuses my kids.
    NPVR 1.5.36, PVR-150 tuner(cable & Sat), Fusionlite 5 tuner (ATSC), HDHomeRun, AMD 2.2 GHz Athlon, 3 PCH NMT devices.

Quote Originally Posted by zaldwaik View Post
    By the way, I have been having a similar problem where the screen would go blank, and then I have to do something with the remote for it to show backup. I have been meaning to get logs but never got around to it. It really confuses my kids.
    That might be the screensaver. Are you running alpha3 with 3.8.3

Martin

I have not tried alpha3 yet, but I am using 3.8.3 it happens randomly and I do not have screen saver enabled.
    NPVR 1.5.36, PVR-150 tuner(cable & Sat), Fusionlite 5 tuner (ATSC), HDHomeRun, AMD 2.2 GHz Athlon, 3 PCH NMT devices.

Moved to separate thread.

Martin
    Last edited by mvallevand; 2016-09-29 at 02:58 AM.

Actually, I was running 3.6.6 and just upgraded to 3.8.3 which appears to have fixed the problem. I think this may have been the bug:

"fixed a bug that could cause a frozen black frame, and 'not responding' UI when stopping playback "

Great, that wouldn't be the same issue but there are improvements to how sub is rendering and if you upgrade to alpha4 it should be better still.

Thanks for the feedback.

Martin

I have what sounds like the same problem where the menu disappears occasionally leaving just leaving the background screen. When it does happen it seems to be when you haven’t clicked on the remote for perhaps 10 seconds. Clicking OK on the remote brings back the menu. I am using KODI 16.1 on LibreElec and NextPVR 3.7.7.

Chris
    NextPVR Server - HP N54L Microserver, Windows 7 - Storage 2 X 3TB in Windows mirror- Tuners DVBSky S952 Twin DVB-S/S2 PCIe, August T210 DVB-T/T2 USB, KWorkd UB499-2T Twin DVB-T USB.
    Clients RPi2 & Acer RL80 Celeron Nettop both running X-NEWA on LibreElec.

Yes both problems seem to be related to an issue when NextPVR just sends a background or partial screen. I found it has helped somewhat, and is worse when the server is busy. One of the ways of avoid this is to disable the Kodi PVR addon

With the screensaver on it will automatically refresh now if the image moves. That is better than hitting the OK since it seems I always am on the Live TV menu option when I do that.

Martin

Its only a slight irritation. I dont have the PVR addon installed. Do you mean set an screensaver on the server? I have setup a NextPVR moving screensaver on the server.

Chris
    NextPVR Server - HP N54L Microserver, Windows 7 - Storage 2 X 3TB in Windows mirror- Tuners DVBSky S952 Twin DVB-S/S2 PCIe, August T210 DVB-T/T2 USB, KWorkd UB499-2T Twin DVB-T USB.
    Clients RPi2 & Acer RL80 Celeron Nettop both running X-NEWA on LibreElec.

Yes the moving screensaver. It will clear the screen on it's own. If you are getting problems using the keyboard, it could be the RPi not keeping up.

Martin