Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Updated to 1.3, cannot add server anymore (remotely)

Updated to 1.3, cannot add server anymore (remotely)

App updated to 1.3. Click on Add, fill up server (ipaddress:8855) and Pin, click OK... nothing happens. Can log in through web server with no issues.

Can't think of any changes around that stuff. Can you still connect fine locally?

I also have this problem with 1.3. The app does not seem to look for available NPVR servers locally, nor does it add a server address after it has been manually entered. The only items on the screen are "Add" and "Select a server from the list". I have killed and restarted the app, uninstalled and reinstalled the app and power cycled the device (on both iPad and iPhone). The WEB interface is working and can be accessed using Safari on the phone and iPad.

Quote Originally Posted by rberk726 View Post
    I also have this problem with 1.3. The app does not seem to look for available NPVR servers locally, nor does it add a server address after it has been manually entered. The only items on the screen are "Add" and "Select a server from the list". I have killed and restarted the app, uninstalled and reinstalled the app and power cycled the device (on both iPad and iPhone). The WEB interface is working and can be accessed using Safari on the phone and iPad.
    So even on the local network you can't connect? I'm not seeing this issue here.

Can one of you guys post your logs?

iOS 10 or something else?

I had the issue of no servers found when I first opened 1.3. I tried to manually add my local server and nothing happened. Deleting the app and re-installing let it auto-find my local server again.
    Server - AMD 6 Core windows 10 with Hauppage WINTV-PVR2 USB2, HDHomerun Dual, and WINTV-HVR 1600 tuners | Clients -PCH A-100 and iOS

Quote Originally Posted by leaded1 View Post
    Deleting the app and re-installing let it auto-find my local server again.
    You guys that are having issues, can you try this and let me know?

Reinstalling on top makes no difference. If you delete the app and then reinstall, it looks for servers on first launch, but once it hasn't found any it doesn't search any more. And it never lets you manually add a server (nothing happens when you try).

Not sure if you are on iPad or iPhone, but if you are on an iPhone, try turning off your cell radio/data. I've seen in other apps where I can't access things on the local wifi because they seem to be looking on the wider internet.... good luck!
    Server - AMD 6 Core windows 10 with Hauppage WINTV-PVR2 USB2, HDHomerun Dual, and WINTV-HVR 1600 tuners | Clients -PCH A-100 and iOS

As reported in my first post, I have the same problem on both iPhone and iPad and I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app without improvement. I have also turned off the cellular service with no change, My iPhone and iPad are both running ios 10.0.2, the server is Windows 10 (14393) running Npvr 3.8.3.

Here are my logs

http://forums.nextpvr.com/attachment...1&d=1475848973
    Attached Files Attached Files

I have retested the reinstall of the app and power cycled the devices (iPhone and iPad) between uninstalling the app and then reinstalling it. Both devices connected to the NPVR server on wifi with the first attempt and worked as long as the devices did not connect to another network. After they connected to another network they would not add addresses after they were entered using "add" or scan for available NPVR servers even if they were subsequently reconnected to the network that previously worked.