Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Autoexec.py

Autoexec.py

For several years I have been using autoexec.py below to start X-NEWA in XBMC then KODI under OpenElec and now LibreElec running KODI 16.1 but it no longer works with the latest LibreElec Alpha running KODI 17 Beta 3.

import xbmc
    xbmc.executebuiltin('XBMC.RunScript(script.xbmc.x-newa)')

Instead I followed the instructions in the sticky and edited the addon.xml file in the "script.xbmc.x-newa" directory and removed the three characters but all this seems to do is delete X-NEWA after a reboot!!

What am I doing wrong Martin?

Chris
    NextPVR Server - HP N54L Microserver, Windows 7 - Storage 2 X 3TB in Windows mirror- Tuners DVBSky S952 Twin DVB-S/S2 PCIe, August T210 DVB-T/T2 USB, KWorkd UB499-2T Twin DVB-T USB.
    Clients RPi2 & Acer RL80 Celeron Nettop both running X-NEWA on LibreElec.

I have had to recently go into this too after an update to openelec. Just checking, you say "the 3 characters" but there are actually 5 being the !-- at the start of the line and -- at the end.

<!--extension point="xbmc.service" library="default.py" start="startup"></extension-->
    <extension point="xbmc.service" library="default.py" start="startup"></extension>

Hope this helps
    Win7 Enterprise, ASUS M2A-VM HDMI, AMD Athlon 64 X2 2.7GHz, ASUS 9400GT, 2GB Ram, 128Gb SSD, 500Gb HDD, 1000Gb HDD, 2000Gb external HDD Hauppauge HVR-2200, Hauppauge Nova S plus, Hauppauge HDR-4000, SiloconDust HD HomeRun Dual, 42" LG LCD. Client - Raspberry Pi 2 Panasonic 32" LCD

Doh!!

Thank for that! I was sort of asuming it was the equivalent of REM in a batch file so didnt look at the end of the line which is hidden when I logged in via Putty. I knew there had to be a simple answer!

Thanks again

Chris
    NextPVR Server - HP N54L Microserver, Windows 7 - Storage 2 X 3TB in Windows mirror- Tuners DVBSky S952 Twin DVB-S/S2 PCIe, August T210 DVB-T/T2 USB, KWorkd UB499-2T Twin DVB-T USB.

After your last post on this http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread...615#post481615 I think I did my part on the read me first http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread...601#post476601

Martin

Thanks Martin but that was 2 years ago so forgot the directory I was looking for was hidden!! In the end I did a Linux "find" to find the file.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by jcjefferies View Post
    Thanks Martin but that was 2 years ago so forgot the directory I was looking for was hidden!! In the end I did a Linux "find" to find the file.
    The the readme also links to paths for various OSes is LE different than linux?

Martin

The link does not show the specifics for OE but I found it with the find command too. This is where it was for me. Pi2:~/.kodi/addons/script.xbmc.x-newa. I imagine it reads easily for an accomplished Linux user but for me at least it took me a while to find it. Then editing it was straight forward using Nano. Your info in the sticky is fine
    Win7 Enterprise, ASUS M2A-VM HDMI, AMD Athlon 64 X2 2.7GHz, ASUS 9400GT, 2GB Ram, 128Gb SSD, 500Gb HDD, 1000Gb HDD, 2000Gb external HDD Hauppauge HVR-2200, Hauppauge Nova S plus, Hauppauge HDR-4000, SiloconDust HD HomeRun Dual, 42" LG LCD. Client - Raspberry Pi 2 Panasonic 32" LCD

That looks the same as all linux varities, the link special://home = /home/[username]/.kodi since ~ is the same as /home/username

Martin

Thanks for that. I wish I was a bit more on to it with Linux. Seems it is very powerful!

Looking back now at the sticky I was confused by the instruction to "To do that find the XBMC folder http://kodi.wiki/view/Special_protocol#Available_Paths" so assumed you were refering to "special://xbmc".

There is no /home in OpenElec and LibraElec. The default directory when you SSH into LibreElec is /storage. So the location is then .kodi/addons/script.xbmc.x-newa/addon.xml. Easy to piece together from the various references for a regular Linux user which I was 5 years ago but these days I use Linux commands 2 or three times a year.

Chris