Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Must be Doing Something Wrong with TV Listings

This morning I attempted to record with only NextEnd batch files (no ComSkip or GuidePlus). Recording failed. Other things in NPVR settings that didn't work: Set colorization for several genres, but Movies was the only one that showed up colored in the guide. When I went back to settings the other genres were no longer shown as colored. Curiously all genres were listed twice. Filter did not work. I have included the batch files and the logs.
    Attached Files Attached Files

There was no signal lock on your tuner

2016-11-05 04:00:02.326 [DEBUG][5] locked=0, present=0, strength=0, quality=0 (took 0ms to check)

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    There was no signal lock on your tuner

2016-11-05 04:00:02.326 [DEBUG][5] locked=0, present=0, strength=0, quality=0 (took 0ms to check)

Martin
    Sure, I know what signal lock means, but not in this context. Will you please help me fix it?

Sure, you paying for the plane ticket? Seriously, it means there isn't enough signal so your antenna might need to be aligned or is obstructed, cable tightened or you might be too far from the tower for a reliable signal.

martin

Sure, you paying for the plane ticket? Seriously, it means there isn't enough signal so your antenna might need to be aligned or is obstructed, cable tightened or you might be too far from the tower for a reliable signal.

martin
    Found the culprit. Now back in business. And NextEnd worked for post-sports programs last night. Thanks for all your help, Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by GWCowling323 View Post
    This morning I attempted to record with only NextEnd batch files (no ComSkip or GuidePlus). Recording failed. Other things in NPVR settings that didn't work: Set colorization for several genres, but Movies was the only one that showed up colored in the guide. When I went back to settings the other genres were no longer shown as colored. Curiously all genres were listed twice. Filter did not work. I have included the batch files and the logs.
    Now that recording and NextEnd work for me, my next step is to deal with remaining non-custom NPVR issues. Still have the genre coloring problem and "Filter" still doesn't work. Martin or Graham, can you help me?

Sorry I don't use TV Listings.

Martin

Now that recording and NextEnd work for me, my next step is to deal with remaining non-custom NPVR issues. Still have the genre coloring problem and "Filter" still doesn't work. Martin or Graham, can you help me?
    When I select "Filter" in the "hidden" menu in Recordings (the builtin version) ... I get the Archive popup ... I suspect that this might be a teeny bit of a bug.

I had trouble setting Genres in Settings --> Misc2 ... I have today tried ticking Genres on and double-clicking on a Genre to set the colour but the values disappeared when I clicked OK to close the Genres popup and then went back into Genres. The most wonderful thing about Genres is you're the only one ... who is using them ... probably.

My only suggestion is trial and error ... the actual genres (News, Movie, Whatever) are the values that are in your EPG source. I don't know why you have got duplicate values. NextPVR does not provide a way to edit the list of Genres to, for example, delete duplicates.
    AMD A75, 4 Gig, 1000 Gig, Nvidia N210
    1 x Hauppauge WinTV QuadHD DVB-T2
    1 x TBS 6281 dual DVB-T2
    2 x Hauppauge Nova-t PCI

Sorry I don't use TV Listings.

Martin
    Neither am I. Took me quite a while to recover from that mistake. Any help with genre coloring or filter in NPVR?

Neither am I. Took me quite a while to recover from that mistake. Any help with genre coloring or filter in NPVR?
    Sorry wrong sub-forum and topic then. I like topics that help other people not blog postings.

Martin