Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: X-newa 2.5.2 Release

it all went to crap when you started 2.5.1 at the beginning of this thread i posted about the yellow writing
    thats when the lag started hence the reason i went back to old version wish id looked into it more back then now

Owell for now the old version is still rock solid for me so will revert back (just worried for the future now) since you are saying its the rpi's fault.
    Specs
    Server:Cpu-Intel i3,ATI Radeon HD 5670 ,OS-Windows 7,2gig ram. 2xHvr4400,Nova-s plus(dvb-s SD),hvr2210(dvb-t HD)
    Client:Cpu-AMD am2,Gpu-Ati HD2100 integrated ,OS-Windows 7,2gig ram
    Client:Cpu Intel 2 gig ram ,Nvidia 9400
    Client:Popcorn Hour A110
    Client:Samsung [NZ][DVB-s][2012]BD-E5900x2
    Client:Samsung [NZ][DVB-s][2013]BD-F6500

Quote Originally Posted by stustunz View Post
    it all went to crap when you started 2.5.1 at the beginning of this thread i posted about the yellow writing
    thats when the lag started hence the reason i went back to old version wish id looked into it more back then now

Owell for now the old version is still rock solid for me so will revert back (just worried for the future now) since you are saying its the rpi's fault.
    I am not saying it is the RPi's fault but yes there is no guarantee that future server changes will work. The biggest change is the files are called png not jpg now. It is too bad you didn't tell me about this problem, yellow writing disappeared in 2.5.1. I am not going to install an old version of OE just to test it, but I will wait for feedback from other LE users.

Martin

I loaded LibreElec (was on openelec)
    The good news is the menus seem to be much better
    So things are looking up
    Specs
    Server:Cpu-Intel i3,ATI Radeon HD 5670 ,OS-Windows 7,2gig ram. 2xHvr4400,Nova-s plus(dvb-s SD),hvr2210(dvb-t HD)
    Client:Cpu-AMD am2,Gpu-Ati HD2100 integrated ,OS-Windows 7,2gig ram
    Client:Cpu Intel 2 gig ram ,Nvidia 9400
    Client:Popcorn Hour A110
    Client:Samsung [NZ][DVB-s][2012]BD-E5900x2
    Client:Samsung [NZ][DVB-s][2013]BD-F6500

Quote Originally Posted by stustunz View Post
    I loaded LibreElec (was on openelec)
    The good news is the menus seem to be much better
    So things are looking up
    Thanks for the feedback and glad things appear to be better, certainly from the logs I can't explain this difference other than the OE team lost a lot of talent with the split of that teams.

Martin

I think I am having a related issue but I can't start X-NEWA at all. Just a constant spinner and no way to go back without killing the Pi. I have rolled back to a previous image but in the weekend I'll let it do the update and work through it. I'm on OE (haven't tried LibreElec). I didn't have a chance to fully work through the issues when I reported on this thread http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread...ing&highlight= and I don't think it's related but when I quickly tried 2.5.1 I could not start it then either.

What logs are required? OE saves log files like the attached. (This log file will not have the issue in it as it's post my roll back). Are these what is needed or do you need from server too?

Advice always appreciated
    Cheers
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Win7 Enterprise, ASUS M2A-VM HDMI, AMD Athlon 64 X2 2.7GHz, ASUS 9400GT, 2GB Ram, 128Gb SSD, 500Gb HDD, 1000Gb HDD, 2000Gb external HDD Hauppauge HVR-2200, Hauppauge Nova S plus, Hauppauge HDR-4000, SiloconDust HD HomeRun Dual, 42" LG LCD. Client - Raspberry Pi 2 Panasonic 32" LCD

Quote Originally Posted by lost@c View Post
    I think I am having a related issue but I can't start X-NEWA at all. Just a constant spinner and no way to go back without killing the Pi. I have rolled back to a previous image but in the weekend I'll let it do the update and work through it. I'm on OE (haven't tried LibreElec). I didn't have a chance to fully work through the issues when I reported on this thread http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread...ing&highlight= and I don't think it's related but when I quickly tried 2.5.1 I could not start it then either.

What logs are required? OE saves log files like the attached. (This log file will not have the issue in it as it's post my roll back). Are these what is needed or do you need from server too?
    Your OE logs are fine when you send current versions but I'd need to see the NextPVR lserver ogs too. I don't see them being related to this release so could you post them on your other thread.

Martin
    Last edited by mvallevand; 2017-03-01 at 02:02 PM.

I updated the web host to v2.5.2 the changes I made in rc3 could put x-newa into an endless loop as NextPVR will not accept a re-connection if it thinks media is playing. Also there is a small change on the busy dialog for web client to hopefully work better on Isengard.

Martin

The episode display seems to only handle 2-digit episode numbers. For example, all the Colbert Show episodes are displayed as "2x12" instead of "2x124", etc. Also, in the Estuary skin the text size of the disk space seems a little too large in that it displays as "539.0GB U... 390.0GB Fr...".

Thanks I will look for these for the next alpha. Is there a speccific screen that is a problem, all my episode displays have the 3 digits.

Also what do you get for the first folder in http://localhost:8866/public/services/InfoXML.aspx

Martin
    Last edited by mvallevand; 2017-04-07 at 06:31 PM.

It is reporting the disk space correctly, just the text/font size is too large to fit all the text without cutting it off.