Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sat-IP advice - DVB-T2 and DVB-S2 combinations.

do you search an Sat>Ip Server with mixed tuner Support and find nothing HMMMMMM
    look here
    https://digitaldevices.de/products/n...topus_net_mix/

Unfortunately, I need four DVB-S2 tuners and two for DVB-T2.

That device does appear to support Unicable, but that would mean having to change my satellite dish and lnb.
    PVR Server - Windows 7, running Stablebit (Drivepool and Scanner). G1840, 12GB RAM, 2 x 2TB HDD, 1 x 6TB HDD, Hauppauge HVR-2200, Hauppauge Nova HD-S2.

Clients - 3 x Raspberry Pis, running Libreelec.

sure the dvbs2 Tuners Support unicable you can it use or not
    if it not needed configure it so how you it Need

Need you an Common Interface ?

if no than is it no Problem (ok than Need you the rack Version)4 satellites(2xdual Flex dvbs) and 2 terrestrial Tuners(1xdual Flex dvbt)
    the octopus net had 5 Interfaces where can be connect the double Tuners
    with other word you Need only 3 of them
    Last edited by KayDiefenthal; 2017-01-09 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KayDiefenthal View Post

Need you an Common Interface ?

if no than is it no Problem (ok than Need you the rack Version)4 satellites(2xdual Flex dvbs) and 2 terrestrial Tuners(1xdual Flex dvbt)
    the octopus net had 5 Interfaces where can be connect the double Tuners
    with other word you Need only 3 of them
    Thanks very much for that, KayDiefenthal.

I indeed want everything inside one box, if possible (i.e. a common interface).

That rack is exactly what I am looking for but I cannot find it anywhere on the digitaldevice website. Where did you get it?
    PVR Server - Windows 7, running Stablebit (Drivepool and Scanner). G1840, 12GB RAM, 2 x 2TB HDD, 1 x 6TB HDD, Hauppauge HVR-2200, Hauppauge Nova HD-S2.

Unfortunately, it does seem that that rack is no longer available - a shame, as it was exactly what I was looking for.

It has got me thinking, though, and perhaps I am going a bit overboard with six tuners anyway. With four tuners, I should be able to easily record everything (in HD, where available) and watch the odd bit of live TV too.

I think i am going to go with this great little device, as suggested:

https://digitaldevices.de/products/n...topus_net_mix/

Is there any reason why this will not work with NPVR?

Had digital devices for a rack version asked for this https://digitaldevices.de/produkte/n...opus-net-rack/
    I can not believe she did not have any of these pieces anymore

ok if they no more of the rack Version had than is the mix the only Option

and my octopus net v1 is running with Nextpvr and the v2 should it too
    Last edited by KayDiefenthal; 2017-01-10 at 04:50 PM.

Thanks for that - really appreciate your help.

Just a couple of further questions, if you don't mind (then I shall leave you alone ).

1. I note that have octopus net v1. Are all the devices on the Digital Devices website now v2?
    2. Do you have any traffic problems on your network?

I have just realised that switching to SAT>IP tuners is going to have a huge impact on my network.

It will not be uncommon for me to record 4 HD streams to my server, whilst potentially streaming 3 HD streams from the server to three raspberry Pis.

Do you think this is going to cause problems? I have everything connected to gigabit switch.

1. I note that have octopus net v1. Are all the devices on the Digital Devices website now v2?
    think so the case is the new one the board and tuners should be the same
    2. Do you have any traffic problems on your network?
    had here an Cat 7 1500 MHz Cable Network (GigaBit) and no Problems the Switches are TL SG2424 from TP Link
    Sat>Ip push the raw TS Data (Pid Filtered) into the Network if one ore more Clients it will recieve and yes that can be many data fo 4 HD Streams

Excellent - thank you.

Seems that I cannot go wrong with the Octopus Net - I shall look to get one shortly.

Apologies for being so nosey but you see to have a really serious set up - 24-port Switch and Cat 7 cable. Are you future proofing with this or do you have a need for something so extraordinary?

I assume that you either work in IT or are a very dedicated to home computing.

One thing to keep in mind - NextPVR only supports DVB-S when it comes to SAT>IP.

DVB-T/DVB-C SAT>IP support could probably be added, but it's not there today.