Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TV Listings plugin no longer works after upgrade to 3.9.2

Quote Originally Posted by Ron999 View Post
    @LeGrandZombie, Has the patch worked for anybody? All the comments I saw said it didn't work for them.
    It worked for everyone as far as I know. I misspoke when I called it a patch though. It is a patched version of NPVR.exe, which replaces the installed version. The plugin author is working on an upgrade, and after we install that Sub says we will need another new verision of NPVR.exe, which he will provide. He didn't say we could just revert to the 3.9.2 executable, so keep an eye out for the new plugin and and .exe files.

Thanks Graham and LeGrandZombie. I was referring to the original patch (2016-11-19), didn't know there was a second version. Anyway alibert has updated the TV Listing plugin so the patch is not necessary now. (Thanks alibert)

I'm still curious about why uninstalling and then using an old setup exe doesn't downgrade the version?

The version is a text string in config.xml nothing fancy,. I am not sure the uninstall removes the user directory.

Martin

Does that mean the the program was indeed downgraded but just the reported version was wrong? (I thought I checked that the TV Listing Plugin was still not working, but I'm not positive.)

If you had checked the details button and saw that the programs were being copied in yes. Your database would not have been downgraded FWIW.

Martin