Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Quickly find place/skip ads with binary chop

My comment was related to the UK where it seems that broadcasters make it very difficult to detect any difference between adverts and the programme!

Chris
    NextPVR Server - HP N54L Microserver, Windows 7 - Storage 2 X 3TB in Windows mirror- Tuners DVBSky S952 Twin DVB-S/S2 PCIe, August T210 DVB-T/T2 USB, KWorkd UB499-2T Twin DVB-T USB.
    Clients RPi2 & Acer RL80 Celeron Nettop both running X-NEWA on LibreElec.

Re "binary chop" and other names: this name is so totally unimportant that it's not worth more than a comment. I've known and used the term for years, and very often come across it; it's quite descriptive and useful. Maybe it tends to be used in Britain but not other countries? Google finds a couple of hundred hits for < intitle:"binary chop">.

In Wikipedia I found that "Binary chop" has since 2005 redirected to "Binary search algorithm", so added the term to the article, as I usually do in such cases. I find "chop" useful and self-explanatory, bit don't have any strong feelings about the word.
    --
    "The TF5800 box is better as it supports the binary chop!" [This is a joke about a signature, please don't take it seriously, I don't mean it]