Thread: New On Screen Display has dissapeared!

New On Screen Display has dissapeared!

What I assume is the "new" On Screen Display during Skip or Pause which first appeared I think in a Alpha release some months ago has reverted to the original display with the green time bar on the latest X-NEWA Beta.

However the new OSD has now randomly appeared twice in the last week on both occasions when "Pause" was pressed then afterwards reverted to the old style display. As a test I installed an old X-NEWA Alpha on a spare client and that seems to use the "New" display all the time.

Is the "New" OSD not now used or have I got an incorrect setting somewhere?

Chris
    NextPVR Server - HP N54L Microserver, Windows 7 - Storage 2 X 3TB in Windows mirror- Tuners DVBSky S952 Twin DVB-S/S2 PCIe, August T210 DVB-T/T2 USB, KWorkd UB499-2T Twin DVB-T USB.
    Clients RPi2 & Acer RL80 Celeron Nettop both running X-NEWA on LibreElec.

I would need to see your logs including Kodi.logs to diagnose this.

Edit I am especially confused after rereading youpost. If you see a green bar I think that is NextPVR's OSD. Confluence and Estuary have a grey or blue timeline.

Martin
    Last edited by mvallevand; 2016-12-29 at 02:16 AM.

At last I have found the cause of the problem! In X-NEWA Client settings "Enable NextPVR Playback OSD" was on! I don't know how long it has been set but I have tended to copy the settings from a working client to a new one. It seems that some of the Alphas must have been partly ignoring the setting otherwise I would not have seen the blue timeline OSD. In one of the Alphas I just realised that I could switch between OSDs with the "Back" key.

Chris
    NextPVR Server - HP N54L Microserver, Windows 7 - Storage 2 X 3TB in Windows mirror- Tuners DVBSky S952 Twin DVB-S/S2 PCIe, August T210 DVB-T/T2 USB, KWorkd UB499-2T Twin DVB-T USB.

I think you still have it reversed. Disabling the OSD means you are seeing the Kodi OSD timeline and using the Kodi controls. If it is disabled you cannot switch them back on with the Back key

Martin

Very Confused!!!

However I installed 2.5.1 RC1 and in X-NEWA client setting NextPVR Playback OSD is "OFF" so I now get the clean white/grey OSD with the blue timeline so am happy!

Thanks Martin

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by jcjefferies View Post
    Very Confused!!!

However I installed 2.5.1 RC1 and in X-NEWA client setting NextPVR Playback OSD is "OFF" so I now get the clean white/grey OSD with the blue timeline so am happy!

Thanks Martin

Chris
    Ok it seems you prefer the Kodi OSD and Kodi keyboard navigation since that is what you have now. The word "New" in the topic is the confusion.

Martin

I have always had the green timeline I think first in the NextPVR client then in X-NEWA. I wasn't aware of the Kodi OSD option until it appeared when I installed an early Alpha so I assumed it was "New".

Chris