Thread: Sony tv with Android

Sony tv with Android

Got me a new Sony tv with Android built in.
    loaded kodi added xnewa Wow works great
    Read a few reviews that said the Android built-in didn't play all content well I haven't found anything yet that npvr records that it won't play.
    Even handles the pvr addon well

Best tv I have owned by a mile
    Specs
    Server:Cpu-Intel i3,ATI Radeon HD 5670 ,OS-Windows 7,2gig ram. 2xHvr4400,Nova-s plus(dvb-s SD),hvr2210(dvb-t HD)
    Client:Cpu-AMD am2,Gpu-Ati HD2100 integrated ,OS-Windows 7,2gig ram
    Client:Cpu Intel 2 gig ram ,Nvidia 9400
    Client:Popcorn Hour A110
    Client:Samsung [NZ][DVB-s][2012]BD-E5900x2
    Client:Samsung [NZ][DVB-s][2013]BD-F6500

oh, that's what I would've really wanted, but the Sony android TV's are the more expensive ones... the cheaper sony smart tv's use their other (older?) smart tv platform. even hunting the open-box deals, I couldn't find a sony android I could afford. Just last night I traded up to a LG 50" 4k UHD/HDR TV with webOS 3.0 for $320 (clearance and open-box of course). Seems to be a fantastic TV, much nicer than the Samsung 48" J5200 I returned.

I know the android hardware in the Sony isn't the same as what's in my Nexus Player, BUT I have found Kodi 17 to be unusable on my Nexus Player (issues with MPEG decoding and de-interlacing). I've gone back to 16.1 and turned off auto-updates. Assuming you're not already running Kodi 17, I suggest you join the kodi beta program (https://play.google.com/apps/testing/org.xbmc.kodi) so you can try the Kodi 17 RC3 and see if all is well... if not you can just leave the beta program, then uninstall 17 and re-install it to get 16.1 back. That way you wont have to mess with side-loading 16.1 later when the play store has only 17.
    NPVR Tech Support Sticky - - http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread...931#post480931
    ---------------------------
    my server: NPVR 3.9.2/Win10Pro 32-bit/AMD A6-7400K/hvr-2250 & hvr-1250 with Winegard Flatwave antenna/Schedules Direct
    playback client: Google Nexus Player running Android 7.1.1/Kodi 16.1 & X-NEWA 2.5.1