Thread: how to install missing Kodi-NextPVR addon in Android-TV box?

how to install missing Kodi-NextPVR addon in Android-TV box?

I bought a Android TV box (silly me, a T95Z Plus), and its canned Kodi 16.1 does not have the built-in PVR add-ons (i.e., noPVR addons, including NextPVR).

I replaced the canned Kodi with the official Android Kodi 16.1 (which has all the PVR addons), and the NextPVR add-on works great, but Kodi generally is unstable.

I'm told that the TV Box makers sometimes tweak Kodi for stability and their chipset, and I would like to try the canned Kodi but cannot figure out how to install the Kodi NextPVR addon (and I have looking far and wide for a zip file or repository).

Can anyone suggest how to install the Kodi-NextPVR addon for this sad situation?

Thanks

As far as I know, it's only possible to get the addon as part of the Android build. You'd have to ask the maintainer of that distribution to include it in the next build they do.

Use x-newa instead
    Works great
    Specs
    Server:Cpu-Intel i3,ATI Radeon HD 5670 ,OS-Windows 7,2gig ram. 2xHvr4400,Nova-s plus(dvb-s SD),hvr2210(dvb-t HD)
    Client:Cpu-AMD am2,Gpu-Ati HD2100 integrated ,OS-Windows 7,2gig ram
    Client:Cpu Intel 2 gig ram ,Nvidia 9400
    Client:Popcorn Hour A110
    Client:Samsung [NZ][DVB-s][2012]BD-E5900x2
    Client:Samsung [NZ][DVB-s][2013]BD-F6500

sub: thanks for the information (i.e., the NextPvr add-on must be built with Kodi); that cleared up the confusion.

stutunz: thanks for the suggestion to use the X-newa addon, and I will try it out soon ... it looks like a good addon even when the NextPVR is available.

For the record, I stumbled on another solution. I installed on SPMC, a fork of Kodi for just for the Android, from the Google Play store. I copied my .kodi folder to its .spmc folder, and SPMC worked just as it was setup for Kodi including the NxtPVR addon. And SPMC is actively developed and (so far) rock solid in my testing.