Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clarification of Path Substitution

Running on linux based box the from needs slashes not back slashes. If that doesn't solve it configure a share with the same IP path, play from the Video Library and upload your log showing playback.

Most people use web client so I didn't find x-newa at first. Since you are using MySQL it is not logical to use x-newa instead of the Video Library.

Martin
    Last edited by mvallevand; 2017-02-27 at 05:52 PM.

You da man, mvallevand!

Works fine now with: <from>D:/Recorded TV/</from>
    My logic was that X-NEWA is looking at NextPVR, which is on a windows machine, and would be telling Kodi to play D:\Recorded TV\Foo.ts. But I guess it must translate that since it's running on a Linux-based Kodi. In any case, it's all good...

... but you haven't gotten rid of me yet! I'll be looking for assistance in getting Live TV working shortly in another thread.

With respect to your second comment - logic is not my middle name, ha ha...

The MySQL database holds my library of TV Shows and Movies which have been ripped from DVDs and Bluray discs I own. But for day to day recordings I use SageTV (will shortly be replaced by NextPVR). I don't bother scanning them into my library because I won't keep them, I just watch them and then delete them. SageTV worked great for me but I had to either remote control it (it's on a headless server) or use the web interface to set recordings, then delete them after I watched. I prefer to be able to do that all within Kodi with a single remote control in hand, from my couch (beer in the other hand). There is a basic SageTV plugin for Kodi, but it's clunky and searching the guide to select things for future recordings was painful. The NextPVR plugin for Kodi promised a more convenient experience. But the X_NEWA plugin does me one better, allowing the recordings commercials to be skipped.

Cheers and thanks so much for your help!
    Robert

The slash was my first guess but in post #1 you had it correct.

For Live TV if it is your R5000 increase your NetworkRecorder.xml delay to 5000 or more.

Martin

Yep, nailed it again Martin! Works every time now...

I hate to stray off topic in a thread, but could you point me to an existing thread regarding cleanup of the zero byte files left behind after watching live tv?

Cheers,
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Phydeaux View Post
    I hate to stray off topic in a thread, but could you point me to an existing thread regarding cleanup of the zero byte files left behind after watching live tv?
    Not worth searching just modify updateepg.bat to delete live*.ts in your live tv folder.

Martin

Yep, good plan, simple.

Cheers,
    RLW

In case anyone was looking for an example for syntax purposes, here's mine, which took me a while to get my head around as well :-)

The path substitution part is in bold; the part above it is (more) specific to my RPi2 with Kodi 17 (note the split to cache and network).

Code:
    <advancedsettings>
    	<cache>
    		<buffermode>1</buffermode> <!-- Comment: Default is 1, 0 is disk -->
    		<cachemembuffersize>139460608</cachemembuffersize> <!-- Comment: 104857600 is 100MB, Default is 20971520 bytes or 20 MB, For high bit rate over Ethernet use a memorysize of 314572800  -->
    		<readbufferfactor>5</readbufferfactor>  <!-- Comment: Default is 4.0 -->
    	</cache>
    	<network>
    		<curlclienttimeout>10</curlclienttimeout> <!-- Timeout in seconds for libcurl (http/ftp) connections; 20 for slow internet -->
      		<curllowspeedtime>10</curllowspeedtime> <!-- Time in seconds for libcurl to consider a connection lowspeed; 20 for slow internet -->
    		<curlretries>2</curlretries> <!-- Amount of retries for certain failed libcurl operations (e.g. timeout) -->
    	</network>
    	<pathsubstitution>
    	    <substitute>
    	      <from>smb://GBPVRVids/</from>
    	      <to>smb://SMURFPC/GBPVRVIDS/</to>
    	    </substitute> 
    	    <substitute>
    	      <from>smb://ArchivedMovies/</from>
    	      <to>smb://SMURFPC/ARCHIVEDMOVIES/</to>
    	    </substitute>
    	</pathsubstitution>
    </advancedsettings>
    ASUS P5K-PRO Q9300 2.5GHz | Win10x64 | 6GB RAM | NVIDIA GEforce 210 | 1 x WinTV DMB-TH | Various HD's | AC68U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A110 | Hauppauge Colossus |
    If you've ever become frustrated because something in NextPVR is not working, take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.

Quote Originally Posted by jksmurf View Post
    In case anyone was looking for an example for syntax purposes, here's mine, which took me a while to get my head around as well :-)

The path substitution part is in bold; the part above it is (more) specific to my RPi2 with Kodi 17 (note the split to cache and network).

Code:
    <advancedsettings>
    	<cache>
    		<cachemembuffersize>139460608</cachemembuffersize> <!-- Comment: 104857600 is 100MB, Default is 20971520 bytes or 20 MB, For high bit rate over Ethernet use a memorysize of 314572800  -->
    		<readbufferfactor>5</readbufferfactor>  <!-- Comment: Default is 4.0 -->
    	</cache>
    	<network>
    		<curlclienttimeout>10</curlclienttimeout> <!-- Timeout in seconds for libcurl (http/ftp) connections; 20 for slow internet -->
      		<curllowspeedtime>10</curllowspeedtime> <!-- Time in seconds for libcurl to consider a connection lowspeed; 20 for slow internet -->
    		<curlretries>2</curlretries> <!-- Amount of retries for certain failed libcurl operations (e.g. timeout) -->
    	</network>
    	<pathsubstitution>
    	    <substitute>
    	      <from>smb://GBPVRVids/</from>
    	    </substitute> 
    	    <substitute>
    	      <from>smb://ArchivedMovies/</from>
    	    </substitute>
    	</pathsubstitution>
    </advancedsettings>
    That should not do anything. If comskip is working it is probably because you record to a named share which means you don't need advanced settings.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    That should not do anything. If comskip is working it is probably because you record to a named share which means you don't need advanced settings.

Martin
    Lol.... OK Works all the same !
    ASUS P5K-PRO Q9300 2.5GHz | Win10x64 | 6GB RAM | NVIDIA GEforce 210 | 1 x WinTV DMB-TH | Various HD's | AC68U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A110 | Hauppauge Colossus |
    If you've ever become frustrated because something in NextPVR is not working, take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.

Changed to thisl not only changed paths but corrected the cache settings for Krypton which have new names.

Code:
    In Kodi v17, the following tags are removed from <network> and placed under a new <cache> tag. 
    Also, <cachemembuffersize> is renamed to <memorysize> and <readbufferfactor> is renamed to <readfactor>.
    From http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_...di_v17_changes

Code:
    <advancedsettings>
    	<cache>
    		<memorysize>139460608</memorysize> <!-- Comment: 104857600 is 100MB, Default is 20971520 bytes or 20 MB, For high bit rate over Ethernet use a memorysize of 314572800  -->
    		<readfactor>10</readfactor>  <!-- Comment: Default is 4.0 -->
    	</cache>
    	<network>
    		<curlclienttimeout>10</curlclienttimeout>  <!-- Timeout in seconds for libcurl (http/ftp) connections; 20 for slow internet -->
      		<curllowspeedtime>10</curllowspeedtime>  <!-- Time in seconds for libcurl to consider a connection lowspeed; 20 for slow internet -->
    		<curlretries>2</curlretries>             <!-- Amount of retries for certain failed libcurl operations (e.g. timeout) -->
    	</network>
    	<pathsubstitution>
    	    <substitute>
    	      <from>D:/GBPVRVids/</from>
    	    </substitute> 
    	    <substitute>
    	      <from>G:/ArchivedMovies/</from>
    	    </substitute>
    	</pathsubstitution>
    </advancedsettings>