Thread: Web access to NextPVR

Web access to NextPVR

I just download the NextPVR and it works well , I can see the channels on my local laptop, but I would like using KODI loaded on another laptop to access through Web server the channels ; well on my remote laptop punching the IP address and the port 8866, the web comes up with credential request; I put: "admin"as username but I don't know the default password,because i can't see it anywhere i would like you to coach me and tell me where to find the default password to access the GUI.
    It seems to be 10 characters long.
    Thank for your help

Quote Originally Posted by bruno lapierre View Post
    I just download the NextPVR and it works well , I can see the channels on my local laptop, but I would like using KODI loaded on another laptop to access through Web server the channels ; well on my remote laptop punching the IP address and the port 8866, the web comes up with credential request; I put: "admin"as username but I don't know the default password,because i can't see it anywhere i would like you to coach me and tell me where to find the default password to access the GUI.
    It seems to be 10 characters long.
    Thank for your help
    For the browser GUI the default username "admin' and default password "password" cannot be used remotely so you must change them in NextPVR Client Setup

Kodi does not use this security it uses a PIN, and you need to allow remote access in the NextPVR Client Setup. I am not sure if PIN 0000 is allowed remotely but it would be wise to change it to.

Martin

nextPVR set as a server (WIN10)

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    For the browser GUI the default username "admin' and default password "password" cannot be used remotely so you must change them in NextPVR Client Setup

Kodi does not use this security it uses a PIN, and you need to allow remote access in the NextPVR Client Setup. I am not sure if PIN 0000 is allowed remotely but it would be wise to change it to.

Martin
    Server Laptop(WIN10) tied to hauppage tuner(analog) ,it plays video TV channels fine [box act as PC client unchecked].
    PC client (WIN8) using the web access typing laptop [(win10 IP and port:8866)] I have access to the GUI with crendial, it load the web page but no live tv on the computer, I added on the nextPVR addon but still no video on the remote WIN 8.
    Note:remote access enable on the server laptop and PC client
    On the webpage Version 3.9.2
    nextPVR.com Version 3.9.2
    As right now I am trying to work with the webpage access,if you think it is easier to use the XBMC player, it is already downloaded on the PC client
    thanks again for the effort to help the community.
    Bruno

PC client (WIN8) using the web access typing laptop [(win10 IP and port:8866)] I have access to the GUI with crendial, it load the web page but no live tv on the computer, I added on the nextPVR addon but still no video on the remote WIN 8.
    Restart the recording service, to reset the logs, then reproduce the problem and post the logs and we'll take a look.

Well good news, using the web access nextPVR I can see my stream; since I am new at this forum and the application I would like to ask this elementary question! here it is: Do you only see on the web access(WIN8) channel which is playing on the server laptop (WIN 10)!!
    if using Xbmc could I select my channel as I wish on the PC client?

since I am new at this forum and the application I would like to ask this elementary question! here it is: Do you only see on the web access(WIN8) channel which is playing on the server laptop (WIN 10)!!
    Huh, what is the question?

if using Xbmc could I select my channel as I wish on the PC client?
    This question is also hard to read. Are you talking about Kodi? Sure, you choose to watch any of your channels.

Yes, If the nextPVR is set to channel 10 ,could I select any channel on the pc client as I wish?
    On the other hand this monday I was continuing to work on the setup again and for no reason the NextPVR local server lost communication with the ( unable to communicate with the recording service). I use the Hauppauge tuner box.So as we speak live TV doesn't play on the local machine

Post the log showing the live tv attempt and we'll take a look.

Here I am, I was trying to figure it out on my own my problem, but apparently I can't. I will include the last log file from today in my post. Meanwhile, the local (win 10) play the channels correctly even though sometime it will lock up and I need to end the task and restart the application. On another PC, reaching through the web access i have no problem to get to the credential and play live tv but I have to choose the same channel that the local PC (win 10) is on, if I choose another channel than the one playing in my local win 10 it will not buffer at all and get stuck. I read a tread about the issue when you press start recording and error pop up on my screen (Unable to start service: System invalid etc......)
    The support ask if the user account is set to "SYSTEM" I don't know where to go to see if I am using the right account. A command prompt has to delete "NPVR Recording Service" which directory do I need to go to to edit the file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

How many TV Tuners do you have? In the logs it looks like you've only got a single analog device, so your various clients can only be watching a single channel at a time. ie, you can't tune two different channels with only a single analog capture device.