PDA

View Full Version : new theme

fini
2004-09-06, 09:42 AM
Download Now (http://www.finni.plus.com/scan.zip)

http://www.finni.plus.com/preview.JPG

Inspired by the HDeeTV theme for Meedio. Thanks to dottore for allowing me to use some of the images from his theme. All the images are there so when the next version of GB-PVR comes out they will become visible.

There are two things that I'd change about this theme, but am unsure how to:
1. When you go over Jukebox for the first time it comes up with an error, but doesn't anytime after that
2. In recordings you'll notice I've moved things around. The only problem is that to get to the buttons you still need to press left even though they're now on the right.

If anyone knows how to solve either of those two issues or has any suggestions please tell me, I'd be more than happy to do some more work on this skin.

fini

dottore
2004-09-06, 09:51 AM
looks fine!

the left-right-problem is specific to each plugin: the only way to solve this is to check the position of the elements on the screen and then to decide, which button focuses the menu.

the jukebox-error could be solved with a new version of the jukebox-plugin. i didn't change this, because i don't want to edit foreign code.

now that there are a few themes: would it be possible to create an area, where users could post their themes or upload them?

fini
2004-09-06, 10:01 AM
Quote[/b] ]the left-right-problem is specific to each plugin: the only way to solve this is to check the position of the elements on the screen and then to decide, which button focuses the menu.

so would that be something for sub to fix/put in next version?

Quote[/b] ]now that there are a few themes: would it be possible to create an area, where users could post their themes or upload them?

It would be nice if sub hosted them aswell, as he does the plugins, to ensure that they're always up etc.

fini

dottore
2004-09-06, 10:14 AM
as each plugin manages the keys and clicks itself it would be something for the developers of the plugins. the internal plugins, like video library and so on must be managed by sub.

but i think, an option in the settings-dialog of each plugin would be enough. so the user can choose, which button to use.

pleemeijer
2004-09-06, 11:29 AM
I'm using the HDeeTV theme for Meedio and with this skin my wife cannot tell when I call GBPVR anymore. OK she notices when right means left for the buttons, but the rest rocks!

Nice work fini and nice images dottore!

Pete

dottore
2004-09-06, 11:47 AM
well, thanks!

the tribute goes to sony for supplying nice pictures on their homepage :-)

fini
2004-09-06, 11:52 AM
I was origionally going to make it simply a port of the meedio theme, but then wondered whether the meedio people/maker of the theme wouldn't like that. Anyone know if it would be OK for me to do that? If people think it'd be OK I'd change the difference out ASAP.

fini

fini
2004-09-06, 11:59 AM
oh and I just remembered if you click on a recording the play, dlelete, exit buttons are all mashed into the text.. not sure how to fix that one either...

just checked the medio site and the creator of the theme asked in a thread that people 'don't post variations of my theme without my permission'. Now as it stands my theme isn't a clone of his, there are a lot of differences so the current themes fine, but I think that pretty much stops me simply porting the theme.

fini

mjp
2004-09-06, 07:37 PM
Could be worth just asking.
Most of the Meedio guys are really helpful.

Does raise the interesting thought of porting other skins as well, and setting up GB-PVR as the missing TV module. http://gbpvr.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Always worth getting the permission first. Most people are flattered.

Cheers

Mark

BTW Nice theme !

fini
2004-09-06, 09:26 PM
they're currently working on a TV module for Meedio, Meedio TV. By the sounds of things it'll be out pretty soon. Will go on a reccy (sp?) for decent themes from other PVR's to see about getting permissions for conversions...

fini

pleemeijer
2004-09-08, 03:43 AM
Quote[/b] (fini @ Sep. 06 2004,07:59)]oh and I just remembered if you click on a recording the play, dlelete, exit buttons are all mashed into the text.. not sure how to fix that one either...

just checked the medio site and the creator of the theme asked in a thread that people 'don't post variations of my theme without my permission'. Now as it stands my theme isn't a clone of his, there are a lot of differences so the current themes fine, but I think that pretty much stops me simply porting the theme.

fini
Fini,

Look in the recordings directory at the skins.xml. In there are the text sizes. I reduced these and the "mashing" issue was resolved.

Pete

fini
2004-09-08, 11:23 AM
not the normal ones but the ones in the popup window when you select a file - changing the font size on these makes no difference as they're positioned right where the EPG text also is.

fini

P.S. I have also tried changing the loc on the bottom manualrecordingcontrols and for some reason this appears to have no difference.. Oh well I've got two other theme's I've been working on nearly ready for distribution

colin
2004-09-08, 12:31 PM
Hey Fini,

the theme looks really good - nice job,

Colin.

pleemeijer
2004-09-09, 06:24 AM
Quote[/b] (fini @ Sep. 08 2004,07:23)]not the normal ones but the ones in the popup window when you select a file - changing the font size on these makes no difference as they're positioned right where the EPG text also is.

fini

P.S. I have also tried changing the loc on the bottom manualrecordingcontrols and for some reason this appears to have no difference.. Oh well I've got two other theme's I've been working on nearly ready for distribution
You sure? I changed mine and the popup window for quick or record had smaller fonts once I changed the file.

Hmmm <thinking maybe I changed them elsewhere...>

Pete

fini
2004-09-10, 04:32 PM
I'm sorry, but I don't think you understand what I mean. The font size is of no consequence as the text is positioned right in the center of the EPG information, thus whatever size the text is it will still be in the middle of EPG text...

fini

pleemeijer
2004-09-12, 12:06 PM
I understand that the skin.xml file (in recordings) in "scan" has text sizes that make the text overlap in the "record" popup. Yes, the text is in the middle of the screen, but if I reduce the text size, it does not overlap in the middle of the screen. Try these settings:

<TextStyle name="ManualRecordingShowTitle" color="White" typeFace="Verdana" size="14" style="bold"/>
<TextStyle name="ManualRecordingTags" color="Yellow" typeFace="Verdana" size="12" style="bold"/>
<TextStyle name="ManualRecordingSettings" color="White" typeFace="Verdana" size="12" style="bold"/>

You may not believe me, but this works for me!

Pete

fini
2004-09-12, 06:39 PM
I tried the settings you suggested and they made no difference for me... surely those settings will only change the settings on the manual recording screen and not the popup screen for each program already recorded.. Anyway its strange that it didn't work for me. Could someone else try out these new settings and see if they still get the problem previously described?

fini

pleemeijer
2004-09-13, 07:06 AM
Fini,

Could be a screen resolution issue? I'm running 1280x960.

Pete

fini
2004-09-13, 02:56 PM
I usually run 1600*1200, moved down to your settings and still get the problem, will post a screeny soon.

fini

fini
2004-09-13, 03:04 PM
screenie (http://www.finni.plus.com/screen.jpg)

that's the problem,... by the way wouldn't it be good if sub made the background blur like that (well maybe a little less) whenever a popup um,, popped-up

fini

goosey
2004-09-15, 11:27 AM
Nice skin. I like it very much, but with a couple of tweaks:

The name on the background image "GBPVR" gets covered over all the time.

The font needs to be a bit more bold....or is this the issue that others are getting - but in reverse?

mjp
2004-09-15, 12:40 PM
Hi Fini,

I think your problem stems from the positioning and style of the standard recording buttons.
The popups inherit these.
To change the size of the buttons, it's not the fint size that defines it, but the selected button image and normal button image (which may just be rounded filled rectangles, or could be an image).

Im at work at the moment, but I will hopefully be posting a theme tonight, and I had a similar, but not as severe problem.
I used a language.xml file to rename some of the controls, and this allowed me to shrink the image sizes so that they didn't mash into the text (or each other in the case of exit / delete ).

Cheers

Mark

arttext
2004-09-20, 08:18 AM
This all lookes very nice to me. As I understand it, it will implemented in the next version of GB-PVR?

cheers,
arttext

reven
2004-09-28, 02:55 AM
i agree it is very sexy.

could you flip the images so that instead of the screen being rotate facing away from the menu can you make it face it? ie do a horizontal flip of the icons, it just looks kinda wierd them facing away. also instead of the computer monitor could you use a television screen (widescreen one even), i know these are big changes and if you dont want to change it i understand, just suggestions, still looks #### sexy thou

oh and yeah some things are out of align, text, like video library is starting in the blue thing at the top (btw this is really sexy, i love your design of this icons etc)

and some things dont look like you've changed them for ur theme like the net radio looks the same as the default them just diff background,(or is this the plugins fault?)

and can you add a box or something in the tv guide for the shows description, looks wierd without it

sorry for moaning so much http://gbpvr.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

reven
2004-10-01, 05:43 AM
hey i changed some of the icons, tvs etc, but i cant seem to change their positions and sizes, i replaced the 4:3 screen with a 16:9 one and trying to adjust it to the right dimensions, is this possible or are these settings hardcoded?

fini
2004-10-01, 10:40 PM
reven the net radio icon is based on the radio icon (pretty obvious that) which was designed by me. I figured as they were both radio they could get away with the same icon (but the net radio does have a monitor in it to differentiate).

Reven, the settings your looking for are held in the skin.xml files. For the main menu the file you want is the skin.xml file in the main menu folder (wow!).

As I mentioned a while back somewhere else on these forums I've currently got two other skins on the go, but I've been moving into uni and blah de blah so I've been busy. I should get some work done on this and the other themes on sunday though so everyone should look out for an update late sunday.

fini

fini
2004-10-07, 11:26 PM
New version uploaded with a load of changes taking into account a lot of the changes people have requested and a few you haven't. It's still available via the link on page 1.

fini

arttext
2004-10-09, 05:42 AM
Thank you !

cheers, arttext

srchuck
2004-10-09, 03:53 PM
That's a very fine looking skin!

aegisx
2004-10-11, 02:06 PM
I notice on the screen where you tell a recording to play and such, that the play, delete, back buttons appear in the middle of the description, and are hard to read since they are over the text.

stu8080
2004-10-15, 10:21 AM
i noticed this too... thought it was me (as id adapted a few settings in the skin.xml!) so didnt mention it!

tkgafs
2004-10-15, 11:12 AM
Quote[/b] (stu8080 @ Oct. 15 2004,11:21)]i noticed this too... thought it was me (as id adapted a few settings in the skin.xml!) so didnt mention it!
Me too,

and much as I fiddle about with skin file I cant get them to move for some reason

I have re compiled the jukebox plugin so it doesn't give the warning message, which also crashes the app if running on the MVP and will post the new version after I have done a few more tests as I have made some more changes to it as well

tkgafs

fini
2004-10-15, 05:30 PM
the buttons in the middle of text issue has been widely discussed and is due to the image file i use for the buttons - there's nothing i can do about it. Sorry!

fini

tkgafs
2004-10-15, 07:35 PM
Quote[/b] (fini @ Oct. 15 2004,18:30)]the buttons in the middle of text issue has been widely discussed and is due to the image file i use for the buttons - there's nothing i can do about it. Sorry!

fini
Where abouts are those images then ?

I havent messed about with a skin before so not sure what I could look at replacing

Tkgafs

fini
2004-10-17, 03:46 PM
sorry, not images, but rounded rectangles in the skin.xml files - confusing as i did put some images in the custom folder.

Slight update now released to put the time on the tv guide page, thanks to the new version of GBPVR. The link is the same as ever..

fini

tkgafs
2004-10-19, 12:07 AM
Quote[/b] (fini @ Oct. 17 2004,16:46)]sorry, not images, but rounded rectangles in the skin.xml files - confusing as i did put some images in the custom folder.

Slight update now released to put the time on the tv guide page, thanks to the new version of GBPVR. The link is the same as ever..

fini
Fini,

I have corrected the bug and sent you a PM with a link to download the skin from

tkgafs

tkgafs
2004-10-19, 01:03 AM
Fini

as requested in your PM

screen shot of correction

http://www.dibbletree.com/recording.jpg

Tkgafs

fini
2004-10-19, 03:19 PM
Your work around does not correct the bug, but mearly takes the layout back to the bog standard layout for the recordings screen... this bug will only EVER be fixed if sub lets us change more things in the skin.xml file.

fini

sub
2004-11-07, 05:24 PM
Fini, I've corrected your skin issue on the recordings screen on the next release. You'll need to add two more button definitions to the recordings\skin.xml file...

<CompositeImage name="PopupSelectedButtonImage" size="130,45">
<DrawRoundedRect loc="4,5" size="120,30" radius="5" borderWidth="2" borderColor="White" fillColor="Vertical:DarkGreen-Green"/>
<DrawText text="@buttonText" loc="15,9" size="115,34" textStyle="ButtonText" align="Left"/>
</CompositeImage>

<CompositeImage name="PopupNormalButtonImage" size="130,45">
<DrawText text="@buttonText" loc="15,9" size="115,34" textStyle="ButtonText" align="Left"/>
</CompositeImage>

fini
2004-11-07, 11:11 PM
woop!!! Runs around room...

<takes a while as unfit>

<yep still runnning>

<....>

<catching breath>

ok, thats great! I don't suppose I could be cheeky enough to ask when the next version might come out?

fini

sub
2004-11-07, 11:22 PM
A pre-release will be available in the pre-release forum (http://gbpvr.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=SF;f=9) in about a week, and hopefully a public one about a week later.

fini
2004-11-15, 09:38 AM
ok there are some pretty major changes in the new version of the skin I'm working on so I have two questions:
1. I've noticed that if you use more than four channels the text telling you about the program overlaps the final (or final few) programs in the tv guide. Is anyone having this problem and if so would you prefer that the text just wasn't there meaning that to read the text about a program you'd have to 'ok' , getting up the exit, watch, record menu
2. What improvements would you like in the next version. I've changed alot already so I've probably at least touched on whatever you're going to throw at me, but throw 'em at me anyway...

fini

fini
2004-11-25, 01:14 AM
<UPDATE> A pre-production version is currently being tested - expect it to launch for all users when the new version of GBPVR does (it requires it).

fini