PDA

View Full Version : Setup Plugin

windsorguy13
2004-05-26, 01:07 AM
I'm going to take some time to get comfortable with the Interface before I jump in and help out (I love Gb-PVR so far by the way, great work to everyone!).
Out of curiosity, what about a setup plugin that will allow one to configure many of the features of Gb-PVR as well as it's plugins? Not sure if I'm the one to tackle this (yet), but I wanted to post this as a suggestion...

Sub (or anyone else),
You see any issues with doing something like this? Depending on the settings being changed, you'd probably have to restart the recording service right? If that's the case, then this plugin would have to check if anything is currently being recorded or is about to be recorded within the next say.. 30 seconds or something before continuing... just thoughts, any input?

Thanks,
Brian

windsorguy13
2004-05-26, 01:09 AM
Just a follow-up to above above. The reason I thought of this is because my HTPC is completely separate from a computer monitor and is running on a wireless network, so making setup changes is a pain cause I have to move the PC and hook it up to my monitor. Not sure if anyone else is in the same boat...

Brian

windsorguy13
2004-05-26, 01:15 AM
Ok I'm spamming my own post http://gbpvr.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif Note to self, get all your ideas down before posting...
Anyway, as an addition to the above, perhaps a "File System" type plugin that would allow you to map network drives (maybe more) from your TV without needing to be hooked up to your monitor etc. I've used Myth for a while and was able to map a share allowing me to keep my pics/music on a different PC than my HTPC. Suppose I change that share or want to hook into somebody's laptop to listen to their music etc. With my setup, I have to hook my HTPC to my monitor, map the drive, change my settings, then hook backup to my TV. Using the setup plugin and this "File System" plugin, I could do it all without having to unplug anything....

Thanks,
Brian

sub
2004-05-26, 02:19 AM
These things are all possible. You'd probably want to set youself some targets for which things you'd like to be able to configure this way. Adding media directories to GB-PVR config, or possibly simple file explorer (with rename/move/delete/map drive etc), would be good examples.

Not all of the things in config.xml are currently capable of being changed on the fly, but I'm sure if you had specific requests we could look at changing those items if required.