PDA

View Full Version : mvpmc and musiclibrary2 plugin

mvallevand
2007-02-22, 05:02 AM
musiclibrary2 still problematic

I use the random mode of ml2 [press red button to get a random playlist]
if a track is playing and you press the skip button >| on the remote after about 10 seconds the track skips to the next track [with the hauppauge dongle the skip is immediate] but it only plays about 5 secs of music and then stops, if you press play it will play the same 5 seconds again

With the exception of a bit of trouble with the audio buffer not being emptied completely I think this is much better now, if you want to grab the alpha. Turns out to be the audio equivalent to the problem I had with livetv.

if you use the arrow keys to navigate around the playlist and press play on a track once again it only plays the first few seconds of the track

The navigation works but the play key does nothing, but the ok does change tracks. I'll look to see if I have an old version of the plugin. If you notice any other differences let me know.

Thanks for your help.

Martin

psycik
2007-02-22, 07:47 AM
Is this directed at me to try and help?

tkgafs
2007-02-22, 08:25 AM
No I dont think so psycik, its just me [tkgafs] driving you developers nuts with my music needs

Martin

it seems to be pretty much working perfectly with the exception as you said of the emptying of the audio buffer, but I can live with that although I'm sure you'll get that fixed in time as well

I'm using version 5.4 of the plugin and both ok and play start a track playing from a playlist, I think there is a config option which controls this action

thanks for working on this

Tkgafs

psycik
2007-02-22, 08:47 AM
I'll keep an eye on the thread though, just in case I can be of use.

mvallevand
2007-02-22, 01:28 PM
I'll keep an eye on the thread though, just in case I can be of use.

Thanks psycik, I've tried not to involve sub or other dev's too much because up until now the problems have inevitably been my emulation itself. It's getting closer though and eventually I hope that GBPVR will be able to take advantage of more features in mvpmc. For example adding mvpmc's native FLAC support to the Hauppauge protocol by adding a third media type for me would involve about 10 lines of code. For the server-side I don't know whether sub has to do this or if it can be done via a plugin, but it could get interesting.

Martin

tkgafs
2007-02-22, 08:49 PM
One thing I have noticed that doesnt seem to work, although for the life of me I cant understand why not, is removing a track from the playlist using the record button on the remote

when you press the record button, the dialogue asking you if you want to remove the track appears, but when you press ok to accept nothing seems to happen

I tried pressing ok several times in a row and the application crashed and dropped me back to the mpvmc menu

Tkgafs

psycik
2007-02-22, 09:12 PM
does it work on the PC?

mvallevand
2007-02-22, 09:36 PM
does it work on the PC?
The support for FLAC I am talking about would be on the MediaMVP, but we are attempting to making mvpmc multi-platform so it will be more for embedded devices and STB's like the MediaMVP. A first screen test on the Mediagate MG-35 has already happened.

I guess it could work Windows, but I'm not sure I see the point of trying to get emulation mode working when there already is the GBPVR client.

Martin

sub
2007-02-22, 10:08 PM
I guess it could work Windows, but I'm not sure I see the point of trying to get emulation mode working when there already is the GBPVR client.

MartinOn the subject of that. Have you ever ran mvpmc on a regular linux PC? If so, did video work? I'm curious if it'd serve the purpose of basic linux client.

psycik
2007-02-22, 10:30 PM
The support for FLAC I am talking about would be on the MediaMVP, but we are attempting to making mvpmc multi-platform so it will be more for embedded devices and STB's like the MediaMVP. A first screen test on the Mediagate MG-35 has already happened.

Martin

Sorry I was actually meaning the specific saving issue that tkgafs was bringing up, it may have been a fault with ML2.

mvallevand
2007-02-22, 11:46 PM
On the subject of that. Have you ever ran mvpmc on a regular linux PC? If so, did video work? I'm curious if it'd serve the purpose of basic linux client.

I've run the gui stream on linux, but the internal libav isn't multi-platform yet. However, I wrote emulation mode to use a name pipe to interface to the av functions and I can't see any reason to think it wouldn't work with mplayer with ease and with the future libav replacement that we are planning on.

I used to think of a linux mini-itx option as being important, but the multimedia compatible boards that I've seen usually have windows drivers.

Martin

mvallevand
2007-02-23, 12:10 AM
Sorry I was actually meaning the specific saving issue that tkgafs was bringing up, it may have been a fault with ML2.

I'm assuming most faults are with emulation mode. The gui stream should in theory work without problem, but I'm concerned to find out what happens if the file being removed is actually buffered in mvpmc's memory.

Martin

tkgafs
2007-02-23, 12:23 AM
does it work on the PC?

yes it works fine both on mvp with normal dongle and on the PC client

Thats why I was surprised it didnt seem to work, I presumed Martin would simply be catching key presses and forwarding them on to ML2 to process

Tkgafs

mvallevand
2007-02-23, 05:55 AM
Thats why I was surprised it didnt seem to work, I presumed Martin would simply be catching key presses and forwarding them on to ML2 to process
That's what I do, but I also use a special buffer in emulation mode which requires some extra code but I did this to be portable in the future. Short term pain right now.

I have made some changes and updated the alpha, but my symptoms weren't consistent, it normally worked, except were I expected it to break, but now I can't break things with the keystrokes you wrote about.

Martin

tkgafs
2007-02-23, 08:50 AM
Hi Martin,

yes whatever you have done seems to have fixed the problem

well done

Tkgafs