PDA

View Full Version : mini guide info

mvallevand
2007-03-18, 05:07 PM
I've now found the mini-guide, actually there are two, and been able to work with it and right now I can only make it responsive by slowing emulation mode down by linking the media and osd screen threads together. What this means is I can get great response on the Go the green button guides but there is stuttering on medium to high bit rate files.

I have looked at the ethereal traces, and I really can't tell what I need to do to tell gbpvr to stop sending OSD updates. For the Hauppauge dongle they come every second probably based on a refresh command, with mvpmc I am getting 2 or 3 OSD updates per second ignoring the refresh command. After many hours I think I will need sub's help on this one.

I have encountered two problems the text for the guides, primarily the Go mini guide when an item is selected is not in the right place, it overlaps the buttons, and sometimes I have to open the real guide off the menu to get text in the Go mini guide.

If anyone wants to see this yet me know, I can replace the current alpha.

Martin

sub
2007-03-18, 07:34 PM
I'm happy to look into this for you, but I'm without a development environment for the next few days. My monitor went up with in smoke, so I'm only doing limited GB-PVR stuff via remote desktop from a laptop.

mvallevand
2007-03-19, 03:45 AM
I'm happy to look into this for you, but I'm without a development environment for the next few days. My monitor went up with in smoke, so I'm only doing limited GB-PVR stuff via remote desktop from a laptop.

Thanks sub. I know what it's like, I've been doing 75% of my dev work on mvpmc via telnet and vnc since we adopted a dog that needs a lot of attention in December.

Martin

mvallevand
2007-03-19, 03:48 AM
If anyone wants to see this yet me know, I can replace the current alpha.

I did decide to update the alpha with the version that stutters because of blocking, allowing real access to mini guide while there is an OSD

To revert to the old unblocked method use the Go then Videos. keys on the remote. With this combo you can toggle back and forth between the two modes during testing.

As a refresher the Go keys are no

Go Go - Send a Go to gbpvr
Go Back - Leave emulation
Go OK - Try and unstuck the keys
Go Videos - Toggles video blocking off and on.

Martin

mvallevand
2007-03-19, 04:15 AM
You're talking about hitting the (G) button (green) to bring up the mini guide or the mini tv guide when viewing live tv or videplayback..

Go or House button does that also...

Yes but they bring up different OSD information and act differently. The area where me text is off is in the "Go tv guide" when I select a program. The descriptive text is not placed properly. In the "real" TV Guide it is.

Martin

mvallevand
2007-03-19, 04:49 AM
Can you post a image of what your mean? Most of the OSD, Mini Guide and TV Guide Overlay really has changed much?

Sure, but this isn't the big problem that I need the help from sub with.

Martin

sub
2007-03-19, 04:55 AM
Placing the attached skin file in "C:\Program Files\devnz\gbpvr\skin\Blue\tv guide" should correct that problem.

mvallevand
2007-03-19, 05:04 AM
Placing the attached skin file in "C:\Program Files\devnz\gbpvr\skin\Blue\tv guide" should correct that problem.

Perfect thanks. I guess I did need your help after all.

Martin

sub
2007-03-19, 05:12 AM
I'd already fixed it a couple of weeks back, so it was easy enough to just post it.

mvallevand
2007-04-01, 05:12 PM

Sub, I think I've fixed this or at least got a work around. The ayuv updates are expensive cpu wise, so when I ignore the alpha = 0 bits I gain about 40% cpu.

Martin

mvallevand
2007-04-01, 08:03 PM
Sub, I think I've fixed this or at least got a work around. The ayuv updates are expensive cpu wise, so when I ignore the alpha = 0 bits I gain about 40% cpu.

I have uploaded a second alpha today (0401) with this change give a much more responsive OSD during video play.

Martin