PDA

View Full Version : wMVP cannot connect

cgmt
2007-04-24, 02:44 AM
I have 2 MVPs. 1 wired and 1 wireless. My wired MVP connect wonderfully using the alpha dongle. My wireless one was getting stuck on the logo screen, bu then I switched to 128bit encryption and now it loads the dongle, but when I go to Emulation it counts all the way up to 30 but never connects. I have tried i about 10 different times. Anyone have any ideas on how to corect this issue?

cgmt
2007-04-24, 02:47 AM
I stand corrected. I was using the nighly build 4-23-2007 and it would not connect on the wMVP but it would on the wired MVP. I switched back to the alpha and it connects just fine. Wonder what the differnece could be. I would love to use the newest dongle if possible....

mvallevand
2007-04-24, 03:11 AM
I stand corrected. I was using the nighly build 4-23-2007 and it would not connect on the wMVP but it would on the wired MVP. I switched back to the alpha and it connects just fine. Wonder what the differnece could be. I would love to use the newest dongle if possible....

For emulation mode the alpha is more compatible with GBPVR then the mvpmc nightly but I do try and keep the rest of the code current with the nightly so I can save my changes to the code repository. Basically the Round II and Round III threads would highlight the differences in emulation with the nightly.

I haven't committed any code to the main project for six weeks because the current initialization doesn't work with the Hauppauge server. I'm hoping to get back to that soon. Hockey playoffs are getting in the way of coding, but helping with watching live tv!

Martin
Go Sens Go

cgmt
2007-04-24, 02:14 PM
ok that is what I had thought. Fist off, I would like to say thanks for all your hard work on this as it is very appreciated..

On another note, when I use my wMVP and watch tv, the audio/video gets out of sync after about 2 minutes or so. They seem to get about 5 seconds or so out of sync. I thought it was a one time situation, but it happens every time I watch tv or even a recorded show.. Should I adjust my FFMPEG settings? Any ideas on how I can correct this? Thanks in advance..

mvallevand
2007-04-24, 04:03 PM
ok that is what I had thought. Fist off, I would like to say thanks for all your hard work on this as it is very appreciated..

On another note, when I use my wMVP and watch tv, the audio/video gets out of sync after about 2 minutes or so. They seem to get about 5 seconds or so out of sync. I thought it was a one time situation, but it happens every time I watch tv or even a recorded show.. Should I adjust my FFMPEG settings? Any ideas on how I can correct this? Thanks in advance..

If the problem is with livetv it likely isn't related to FFMPEG. Do you have the same sync problems with the Hauppauge dongle? If there is no sound with the Hauppauge dongle the sync problem is related to AC3 and for know the only solution is on to use the * or # (on a new style remote only) to slow down the video.

Martin

cgmt
2007-04-24, 07:24 PM
It does work fine with the Haupauge dongle though.

mvallevand
2007-04-24, 07:57 PM
It does work fine with the Haupauge dongle though.

I expected that response and up to now my testing of the wireless card has been very limited but I never experienced the problem that you mentionned. If you could telnet to the mvp I would be interested in the number of errors reported by the command ifconfig.

The only thing I can suggest is to use the command line option
--em-rtwin 0 to see if the card defaults are better then the 8192 limit that is currently being applied. If you have trouble doing this let me know and I will compile this on the wireless port for the next build.

Martin

cgmt
2007-04-25, 12:15 PM
I am trying to telnet into the box but I do not know the username/password of it. Do you know what the default username/password?

mvallevand
2007-04-25, 04:13 PM
I am trying to telnet into the box but I do not know the username/password of it. Do you know what the default username/password?

The username is root and the alpha dongle has no password, unless you've used the mvpmc tool to specifically add one.

Martin

cgmt
2007-04-25, 06:14 PM
I just connected and it says that there are 7 tx error and 0 rx errors. Then I tried to run --em-rtwin 0 and it said "-sh: --em-rtwin 0: not found" Any ideas?

mvallevand
2007-04-25, 10:34 PM
I just connected and it says that there are 7 tx error and 0 rx errors. Then I tried to run --em-rtwin 0 and it said "-sh: --em-rtwin 0: not found" Any ideas?

Sorry, I forget to clarify how to use this option. First you have to kill the running version of mvpc and then restart mvpmc via telnet as follows:

killall mvpmc
mvpmc --emulate ? --startup emulate --em-rtwin 0 &

Martin

cgmt
2007-04-27, 01:01 AM
I finally connected and ran the command you asked. It loosk as though it sends out in 8960 chunks. Each byte seems to be 8960. Not sure if that helps or not. Anything else to try?

mvallevand
2007-04-27, 01:09 AM
I finally connected and ran the command you asked. It loosk as though it sends out in 8960 chunks. Each byte seems to be 8960. Not sure if that helps or not. Anything else to try?

Did it have any effect on the audio video sync problem?

Martin

cgmt
2007-04-27, 03:50 PM
Yes it did seem to help, thanks. Is there any way I can make it work this way everytime?

mvallevand
2007-04-27, 04:32 PM
Yes it did seem to help, thanks. Is there any way I can make it work this way everytime?

That actually is a logical default for wireless, I will update the alpha tonight.

Martin

cgmt
2007-04-29, 07:31 PM
I just downloaded the latest alpha nad it works alot better, but it still happened. Not until much longe. It took about 2 hours of viewing and then it got out of sync again. On another note, both on my wired and wireless mvp, when ever I turn off the mvp and then turn it back on, the volume seems to "reset" itself to the max level, so I have to quickly turn down the volume. You ever seen that before?

mvallevand
2007-04-29, 08:28 PM
I just downloaded the latest alpha nad it works alot better, but it still happened. Not until much longe. It took about 2 hours of viewing and then it got out of sync again.

I actually haven't had a chance to upload the changed file. The problem is more likely your wireless network worked without interference longer. I still think the patch is a good thing but now I a less sure that it will totally resolve the problem.

Edit: Okay this is now uploaded 0429

On another note, both on my wired and wireless mvp, when ever I turn off the mvp and then turn it back on, the volume seems to "reset" itself to the max level, so I have to quickly turn down the volume. You ever seen that before?

That is the default behaviour. To restore a saved value you would need to do more configuration.

Martin

cgmt
2007-04-30, 12:55 PM
OK thanks, I will try out the updated version tonight and let you know. Is there a setting a can put in the config file for the volume? One more thing. At the end of viewing a recording, it just stops on the last frame instead of going back the the list of recordings. I can hit stop and it goes back, but have you seen that before?

mvallevand
2007-04-30, 03:39 PM
OK thanks, I will try out the updated version tonight and let you know. Is there a setting a can put in the config file for the volume?

It's not as simple as it should be, but if you are willing to setup an mvpmc share as read/write let me know and I will give you the instructions. The only reason I default to max volume is all the complaints that the mvpmc isn't loud enough.

One more thing. At the end of viewing a recording, it just stops on the last frame instead of going back the the list of recordings. I can hit stop and it goes back, but have you seen that before?

I've certainly seen it in some builds but, I haven't checked in the latest build, I've been focusing a lot more on livetv. I will check tonight.

Martin

cgmt
2007-05-03, 06:06 PM
Finally got around to using the latest alpha. The AV sync issue is better but it still gets out of sync. After it gets out of sync, and I hit stop, and then try to start the show back up, it usually get an error saying "No tuners are available" Not sure why as I have 2 tuners and was only watching the one show...

mvallevand
2007-05-03, 10:03 PM
Finally got around to using the latest alpha. The AV sync issue is better but it still gets out of sync. After it gets out of sync, and I hit stop, and then try to start the show back up, it usually get an error saying "No tuners are available" Not sure why as I have 2 tuners and was only watching the one show...

I'm not sure how to diagnose this one unless you are hitting power off and not stop during livetv. There are various patches to 99.12 that should be applied, maybe you are missing one? I would need your gbpvr MVP logs.

Note rather then hitting Stop I would try Skip Back keys to resync the video.

Martin