PDA

View Full Version : mvpmc does not read output setting

OscarL
2007-05-03, 07:12 PM
Hello,
In another thread a couple of days ago I falsely said that TV mode (PAL/NTSC) was not read from setting at power on. That was wrong I mixed it up. What I have seen however is that the output (s-video/composite) is not read. If I use the haupauge dongle the output is correctly set to s-video but when using the mvpmc dongle it starts up with composite.
I could of course use the -o option in the config file but my problem is that I have two mvp's one with s-video and one using composite and I have not figured out how to do it then. I have also tried using -F option and read a config file based on hostname but that does not work either (reading the file works but the output is not set).

Any suggestions?

Regards
Oscar

mvallevand
2007-05-03, 10:17 PM
Hello,
In another thread a couple of days ago I falsely said that TV mode (PAL/NTSC) was not read from setting at power on. That was wrong I mixed it up. What I have seen however is that the output (s-video/composite) is not read. If I use the haupauge dongle the output is correctly set to s-video but when using the mvpmc dongle it starts up with composite.

Oscar, How can you tell, do you have both plugged in? I can interchange mine without difficulty.

I could of course use the -o option in the config file but my problem is that I have two mvp's one with s-video and one using composite and I have not figured out how to do it then. I have also tried using -F option and read a config file based on hostname but that does not work either (reading the file works but the output is not set).

You could always modify your startup dongle.bin.config script like this

if [ $IP="192.18.1.1" ] ; then
mvpmc options -o svideo
else
mvpmc options -o composite
fi

Any suggestions?

If you want, I could explain how you could copy your flash memory contents to the mvpmc folder and I would take a look.

Edit: I remember I talked about doing that before http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php?p=178766&postcount=5

Martin

OscarL
2007-05-04, 06:17 AM
Oscar, How can you tell, do you have both plugged in? I can interchange mine without difficulty.

When I start up with mvpmc I got a black/white tv screen. If I then go into setting and change output to s-video the picture gets nice and colorful again. When starting up with the hauppauge dongle I get the colours all nice. (B/W screen is usually the sign that the output is set wrong, or a very old tv :) )

You could always modify your startup dongle.bin.config script like this

if [ $IP="192.18.1.1" ] ; then
mvpmc options -o svideo
else
mvpmc options -o composite
fi

That's great I will try this. Hadn't figured out the if sentence correctly. Thanks.

If you want, I could explain how you could copy your flash memory contents to the mvpmc folder and I would take a look.

Edit: I remember I talked about doing that before http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php?p=178766&postcount=5

Martin
I will see if I can mail you the flash memory content later today or this weekend.

/Oscar

edit enclosed the flash memory content