PDA

View Full Version : XRecord

firefox_i
2004-12-14, 09:07 AM
Hi there,
is it planned to extend the xrecord plugin with an onscreen keyboard ?

If not......
Would it be allowed that I try to implement an onscreen keyboard in it and post the new plugin here ?

Is it allowed to use the sources of xrecord and findfast to do this ?

Sorry for these - meybe stupid - questions, but Im a newbie hiere.

Regards
Sven

jorm
2004-12-14, 01:25 PM
I am the author of xrecord and fast find.

I add features based on feedback which I do not get much of. I could not even tell you if more than 2 people are using it (blader_se has been the only other person providing feedback).

If you have any features or functionality you want added just post it or PM me. I am very accomidating.

Where and how do you think the onscreen keyboard would be used in xrecord? I have not been able to think of a use.

> Would it be allowed that I try to implement an onscreen
> keyboard in it and post the new plugin here ?
You are always allowed to make changes to the code, I perfer to get a email first just so I can make sure you have the latest code to work with.

> Is it allowed to use the sources of xrecord and findfast to
> do this ?
You can do whatever you want. http://gbpvr.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Also always check the wiki site for updates to xrecord.

Jorm

kranich
2004-12-14, 05:19 PM
I use xrecord all the time! Thanks for writing it.
I'd like it if the shows were sorted alphabetically, or if that were a config option.
Also, there's room for more shows to be displayed on the screen, but there's a lot of blank space between the bottom of the show list and "continued". Is that an issue with my screen resolution, or the plugin code?

thanks!
karl.

jorm
2004-12-14, 06:09 PM
Thank you for the comments. I am glad to know that people do use my plugins. http://gbpvr.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif My tally of users is up to 3 and that includes myself. http://gbpvr.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Download the latest version from wiki I think it is v.6 it sorts Alphabetically by default. It also shows you the amount of free space available. Also try hitting the yellow and green buttons. Yellow switches your view, green sorts your view.

http://www.bladerhq.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Plugin/XRecord

If you want to change the number of shows that I show edit the skin. You will see two elements.
<VideoLines value="7"/>
<GroupLines value="11"/>

You can adjust the number of groups to show by increasing the grouplines number. VideoLines are the number of shows in the group to show.

Anything else?

Thanks again,
Jorm

jrockintuitive
2004-12-14, 06:52 PM
Make that 4 users Jorm.

I do appreciate your effort.

However, if you can add the conflict button -- the button just added to the 238 version -- I would appreciate it more.

JRock

Remco
2004-12-14, 07:11 PM
Here's another happy user of XRecord !

There's one bug that's annoying me: after deleting a recording, it returns to the Xrecord-menu. Then pressing up/down/left/right gives an error ("Object Reference not found" or something like that). Could you fix this?

jorm
2004-12-14, 08:25 PM
I have never seen anything appear in my conflict box. Does it just go through and list the recordings that have a conflict?

Can you post/email a screen shot next time you see something in there. I would be happy to add it.

Remco,

I have not seen this myself in some time. Are you running the latest v.6 from the wiki site? Or v.1 the one on the gbpvr site?

I have been doing updates to the wiki site.

My xrecord to do list
Optional Confirmation box for delete, cancel. (controllable in skin)
Add update show, padding, quality.
bug in free space box doesnt always close in some condition
free space should support the VBR encoding size when
informing the user of the space left.
manual recording box
\--onscreen keyboard with manual recording box.

I am glad to see that people are using it.
Jorm

jrockintuitive
2004-12-15, 03:36 PM
Jorm,

I will send a screen shot when I get home.

You are correct. Conlict screens displays shows that are not going to be recorded due to a scheduling conflict. When you attempt to "Resolve" the conflict, the system displays the other program that you will be cancelled, with a warning dialog.

JRock

jorm
2004-12-15, 03:42 PM
I will try to create a conflict on my work machine. I am curious if sub uses the conflict status in the database.

That would make it a lot easier. The difficulty with the conflicts are for users with multiple tuner cards.

sub
2004-12-15, 03:46 PM
Quote[/b] ] I am curious if sub uses the conflict status in the database.
Yes, this was added in the last release.

KingArgyle
2004-12-15, 05:43 PM
I take it scheduling conflicts is handled by FIFO type method. So if you try to schedule a second show that starts at the same time as one that exists, then the second show is the one listed as a conflict and won't be recorded.

A priority management system would be nice to have to help resolve some conflicts automagicly.

sub
2004-12-15, 05:45 PM
Quote[/b] ]I take it scheduling conflicts is handled by FIFO type method. So if you try to schedule a second show that starts at the same time as one that exists, then the second show is the one listed as a conflict and won't be recorded.
Yes

Quote[/b] ]A priority management system would be nice to have to help resolve some conflicts automagiclyYes I agree, but I'm too busy with other stuff to do it any time soon.

KingArgyle
2004-12-15, 05:52 PM
Okay, thanks for the info sub. Gives me something to go on for another enhancement to the Web Admin.

Jorm, for the XRecord you might be able to do something similar to what I'm thinking of for the Web Admin. Have a Resolve Conflicts button, that takes all the episodes that are currently listed as conflicts, compares the title and description to other episodes in the database. If it finds a match at a later date, and their isn't already a program scheduled to be recorded at that time, then adds it to schedule as a ONCE type recording.

Episode Descriptions or Sub Title would have to match in order for the conflict to be rescheduled at the new day, time, and/or channel.

jrockintuitive
2004-12-15, 06:04 PM
Jorm,

Let me know if you still need that screen shot.

I will check this thread when I get home. If I do not hear from you I will post the screen shot.

JRock

jorm
2004-12-15, 09:25 PM
I think I am ok for now. I will try to finish something either tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks KingA and sub for the info. How do I know which show it is conflicting with if the user has two tuners and 3 shows at one time. Only 1 would be conflicting right?

Jorm

chrisjbzero
2004-12-15, 09:58 PM
Hi Jorm, Just to let you know of another happy user of the plugin. Keep up the good work.

krypton_john
2004-12-15, 11:53 PM
Me too on the XRecord user list! It's indispensable! Nice work thanks!

jorm
2004-12-16, 03:54 AM
Thank you. It is nice to know that people use some of my plugins and even more to know that they like them. http://gbpvr.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif I appreciate your posts thank you.

It motivates me to work on it more. There will be an update in a day or so with some basic conflict stuff and update functionality. It will also support VBR calculations when determing how much space you have left.

If there is anything you want added just PM me.

Bigted
2004-12-16, 05:39 AM
Love it too.

Thanks

Steve M

jorm
2004-12-16, 03:08 PM
XRecord v.07 is now available at

New features in v07
can now group by quality
sort indicator on top
Conflict Box.
Conflict Button now turns to yellow when conflict exists so you do not have to enter it to check.
Added update show, padding, quality.

Remco
2004-12-16, 08:50 PM
Quote[/b] (jorm @ Dec. 14 2004,15:25)]Remco,

I have not seen this myself in some time. Are you running the latest v.6 from the wiki site? Or v.1 the one on the gbpvr site?
Ah. That could be it. I was running v1.
Just installed v7. I'll check whether it's fixed.

jorm
2004-12-16, 09:01 PM
That could do it there has been a lot of fixes since v.1.

Remco
2004-12-17, 03:08 PM
Another question: The free disk space is calculated on drive C:, but i record on drive D:. Is it possible to make XRecord look to drive D:?

KingArgyle
2004-12-17, 03:23 PM
Probably the best way to do this, is just check the Config.xml, and pull the location from there (I think that is where the Video recording location is stored.).

Remco
2004-12-17, 03:29 PM
It seems that XRecord takes the location of "Video Libraries", instead of the "Recordings directory". A bug? I think it should look at the recording-drive, because that's where the free space matters.

jorm
2004-12-17, 06:38 PM
Thank you. I will have a fix by the end of today.

jorm
2004-12-17, 07:39 PM
v.08 available on wiki.

Let me know if it does not work. I did it at work and only have 1 drive here.

mikedee
2004-12-17, 07:46 PM
Jorm

I love your newest xrecord. I've gotten rid of the original "Recordings" button and substituted "xrecord".

Just one thing i noticed. Is it possible to incorporate a "manual recording" function into xrecord as in sub's "Recording"? I seem to record manually more often than I thought.

Good work and thanks for the plugin.

Mike

jorm
2004-12-17, 09:08 PM
That is my last item on my todo list. http://gbpvr.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif I am glad you like the plugin. I will try to add manual recording in the next few days.

2004-12-17, 11:07 PM
Quote[/b] (jorm @ Dec. 16 2004,10:08)]XRecord v.07 is now available at

New features in v07
can now group by quality
sort indicator on top
Conflict Box.
Conflict Button now turns to yellow when conflict exists so you do not have to enter it to check.
Added update show, padding, quality.
How do you turn on the delete confirmation in the skin? I looked at the XML and saw nothing that was obvious.

jorm
2004-12-18, 01:08 AM
It is called ConfirmBox set value equal to true. It should be in the skin as false.

<VideoLines value="7"/>
<GroupLines value="12"/>

<ConfirmBox value="false"/>

<VBRBitMode value="true"/>
<BitRate name="Low" value="3500"/>

firefox_i
2004-12-18, 01:33 AM
Quote[/b] (jorm @ Dec. 17 2004,16:08)]That is my last item on my todo list. http://gbpvr.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif I am glad you like the plugin. I will try to add manual recording in the next few days.
Hey jorm,
did you forget the onscreen keyboard http://gbpvr.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif http://gbpvr.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif http://gbpvr.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif

Regards
Sven

jorm
2004-12-18, 02:31 AM
The onscreen keyboard I am viewing as part of the manual recording. The next release will have the basic manual recording in place. Then I will do a release a few days later with the onscreen keyboard for the recording name.

Remco
2004-12-18, 05:33 PM
Quote[/b] (jorm @ Dec. 17 2004,14:39)]v.08 available on wiki.

Let me know if it does not work. I did it at work and only have 1 drive here.

It works! Thanks.

jorm
2004-12-18, 08:25 PM
If you want to test out the manual recording and onscreen keyboad v9 is available on wiki.

I have done some very very basic tests since I do not use the manual recording functionality. Let me know if you see anything funny.

jrockintuitive
2004-12-21, 03:27 PM
Jorm,

I noticed a bug... kinda a bug.

If I use padding and attempt to record a program in the next timeslot, xrecord asks me to cancel the first program.

Here is the example: I want to record program "A" starting at 8AM and finishing at 9AM. If I pad the program by one minute on both ends then the program starts recording and 7:59AM and ends recording at 9:01AM.
If I attempt record program "B" that starts at 9AM and ends at 10AM, xrecords asks me to cancel program "A".
In the "Recording" feature that is native to GBPVR, if I attempt to do the above, program "A" will start recording at 7:59AM and end recording at 9AM. While recording "B" will start at 9AM and end recoding at 10:01 AM. This change of recording time occurs, with no extra human intervention.

Can we get this feature in xrecord.

JRock

jorm
2004-12-21, 07:49 PM
JRock,

I will gladly fix the bug thank you for reporting it. I have the code at home so I cant fix it today. But I would like to get some more information.

This occurs in the manual recording panel?
I just wanted to confirm where this is occuring. I will take a look at the code tonight. I do not remember if I check for conflicts in the manual recording, or was relying on the conflict panel for that resolution.

Jorm

jrockintuitive
2004-12-21, 10:44 PM
I'm leaving work in a about an hour. I'll look at the exact steps I did when I get home and report back to you.

Now that I think about it, I think I used your FindFast plug-in.
I chose a program and recieved the cancel dialog as described above.

Sorry for the confussion... and I'll confirm this when I get home.

Thanks always for your quick response

JRock

jorm
2004-12-21, 11:19 PM
It makes a lot more sense that it is fast find.

I will try to build a version tonight. Do not download the plugin from wiki. I accidently uploaded a plugin that was not the latest version.

jorm
2004-12-22, 01:58 AM
i did find what appeared to be the problem. I did not get a chance to test it.

http://www.bladerhq.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Plugin/FindFast

If you get a chance test adjacent recordings and just make sure the conflict box does not appear. This occured because the logic I was using to test for the conflict was like,

if ( starttime.ticks >= recording.startTime() &&
starttime.ticks <= recording.endTime() )

The last <= was probably breaking it. Since it would cause the conflict for adjacent recordings changing it to < should fix it.

Sorry it took so long, I had to put my little boy to sleep before getting the 2 minutes needed to fix it.

jrockintuitive
2004-12-22, 02:17 PM
I will test it as soon as I get home -- about 9 hours from now.

JRock

jrockintuitive
2004-12-23, 12:50 AM
Jorm,

thanks for the quick update. After testing the new FastFind adjacent recording still did not work. I think because I use post padding for recording.-- meaning if the show is on from 3AM - 4AM, GBPVR is recording the show from 2:59AM to 4:02AM. If a show starts a 4AM, then FastFind says it has a conflict.

JRock

jorm
2004-12-23, 12:54 PM
Already sorry about that. The padding is typically not in the database with those times. It has other fields which indicate how much padding. I will investigate in the next day or so.