PDA

View Full Version : where is mvpmc in the wiki

fhmanas
2007-06-02, 01:58 AM
As my title implies, where's the mvpmc in the wiki, would like to know more about it. I have it working as replacement dongle, would now like to create a config file but I have no idea where to start and where to place it. My objective are really simple right now, I just want to start in emulate mode and test the WOL function

mvallevand
2007-06-02, 03:20 AM
As my title implies, where's the mvpmc in the wiki, would like to know more about it. I have it working as replacement dongle, would now like to create a config file but I have no idea where to start and where to place it. My objective are really simple right now, I just want to start in emulate mode and test the WOL function

Actually mvpmc isn't used enough to make it the GBPVR wiki what we do have our own http://mvpmc.wikispaces.com/ The problem is it isn't geared to emulation mode. I'm hoping that one day someone tries to update it because I don't I'm doing a very good job. For your needs I suggest you concentrate on getting the auto start working and then work on WOL. If you've read some of the threads here it is either very easy or seemingly impossible.

Now that you've got the idea of the load check out the Advanced options on this page.

http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php?p=175416&postcount=1

Once you've got that working we can start on WOL.

Martin

fhmanas
2007-06-02, 07:19 AM
Figured it out, got it to start in emulate mode, WOL just won't work in my mobo

mvallevand
2007-06-02, 12:35 PM
Figured it out, got it to start in emulate mode, WOL just won't work in my mobo

Glad your share worked, as for WOL I think your motherboard is new enough but you might have to do things like Enable WOL on the properties of the network card itself and tell your computer to stand by rather to shut down.

Martin

fhmanas
2007-06-06, 04:24 PM
Been trying, just a question, though, will WOL work with hibernate rather than standby?

mvallevand
2007-06-06, 04:39 PM
Been trying, just a question, though, will WOL work with hibernate rather than standby?

That's really motherboard/OS/NIC specific. I suggest trying it to find out. If you want to test and have more than one computer telnet to your mvpmc login as root and type

ether-wake -p mac-address

Martin