PDA

View Full Version : mvpmc screensaver

mvallevand
2007-07-11, 11:54 AM
Because PVRx2 doesn't have a screensaver I've been thinking of enabling the mvpmc screensaver in emulation mode via a command line option. It could probably even be a gbpvr image. In some way a native screensaver is better because of reduced network trafdfic. I realise if I default it on there will be a conflict with the GBPVR user.

Any comments are appreciated including whether you want it on or off by default.

Thanks.

Martin

nightwalker
2007-07-11, 12:35 PM
Not being a real fan of screen savers I'm hoping whatever you decide on, be it native or through emulation I hope it's configurable as far as on/OFF. When Hauppauge had their screen saver popping up all the time it was driving me crazy, enough so that i was ready to chuck the MVP's out the window. Sub came to the rescue by allowing the MVP's screen saver to be shut down through a command in the config file.

pz1
2007-07-11, 12:48 PM
I am not to keen on screensavers either. So I would not vote in favour of a default on screen saver.

Lindsay
2007-07-11, 08:40 PM
Certainly is much more efficient to do it in the dongle. I'm like the others - don't like the screen saver but if it is optional we can't complain.

So, my vote would be for off by default but able to be switched on.

mvallevand
2007-07-12, 12:18 AM
Majority rules its not going to happen, I don't like it either, but based on the comments on the main support forums I thought people wanted this. Sometimes it is the squeaky wheel.

Martin

groover km
2007-07-12, 02:39 PM
Certainly is much more efficient to do it in the dongle. I'm like the others - don't like the screen saver but if it is optional we can't complain.

So, my vote would be for off by default but able to be switched on.

My plasma screen likes the screensaver, and I'm sure others do too.

tkgafs
2007-07-15, 10:36 AM
Hi Martin,

just back from holiday so have missed most of the commontion over the new version of gbpvr

I too would like a screensaver option available or at least the screen to blank after 30 secs or so when I'm playing music etc

tkgafs

mvallevand
2007-07-15, 11:45 AM
I too would like a screensaver option available or at least the screen to blank after 30 secs or so when I'm playing music etc

No problem, I'll give it a go. I might try a special screensaver for ML2/3 that moves the status window randomly around the screen.

Martin