PDA

View Full Version : Loading Different Configs

scim
2007-08-19, 11:02 AM
I am trying to set up a config file to allow me to run 2 MVPs with different settings (one 4:3, one 16:9), I can see how to do it using $IP, however I can't predict which MVP will get allocated which IP address by my DHCP server on my router. I was hoping to be able to use MAC address to do this but can't work out how, any ideas?

HtV
2007-08-19, 12:07 PM
You could run the hauppauge software first that would enable you to set the AR for both mvp's seperately. You could also use the mvpmc dongle that enables you to set the AR aswell.
http://forums.gbpvr.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30

scim
2007-08-19, 12:55 PM
Unless I'm mistaken, I would have to do than on every power up which is the sort of thing I am trying to avoid. As far as I understand, the settings chosen in mvpmc are not yet stored to rom.

mvallevand
2007-08-19, 02:11 PM
Unless I'm mistaken, I would have to do than on every power up which is the sort of thing I am trying to avoid. As far as I understand, the settings chosen in mvpmc are not yet stored to rom.

I will put up a dongle that set $MAC from the flash value.

Martin

HtV
2007-08-19, 03:56 PM

If you mean pushing the on/off-button, no you won't have to do it then, only after unplugging the mvp. On/off on the mvp is standby really.

scim
2007-08-19, 05:29 PM
If you mean pushing the on/off-button, no you won't have to do it then, only after unplugging the mvp. On/off on the mvp is standby really.

No, I was meaning after switching off at mains supply/unplugging.

I will put up a dongle that set $MAC from the flash value.

Excellent, that was just what I was after, thanks for the fast response, will try it ASAP.

mvallevand
2007-08-19, 09:03 PM
Ok, a variable $MAC should be available in the latest alpha. There's more to this alpha then just that and I'm going to start a new thread on this, there are no emulation mode logic changes.

Martin

scim
2007-08-20, 05:30 AM
Just given the new dongle a try before heading off to work and it works a treat, thanks again for this. Also, much prefer the new interface although I normally never expect to see it!