PDA

View Full Version : Netradio stops after 5-10 secs with mvpmc dongle

HtV
2007-10-02, 04:23 PM
Hi Martin,

I read your post about Netradio being available through a gbpvr patch (I had seen it before but forgot about it). So I tried it out.
It starts the radio fine but stops after ~5-10 secs. The gbnetradio.mp3 file keeps growing though it only stops growing when turn off the mvp.
I loaded the dongle.bin that comes with gbpvr: no problem at all.
I tried another mvpmc-dongle; same problem.
I tried the 24-08 alpha dongle and the latest 21-9 (nightly).

Edit: forgot the log ofcourse:

I attached a log.
To Sub:
Another thing I noticed with all dongles: the gbnetradio.mp3 file keeps growing until I turn off the mvp. I can start watching a movie or watch live tv no matter what, the file keeps growing. This might be a problem for people who keep their mvps on all the time.

cya Hans

mvallevand
2007-10-02, 04:36 PM
I often saw that same problem but sub uploaded another patch, in another thread. My PVRX2.exe is dated Sept 16. My gbnetradio.mp3 grows too, I never noticed, but I usually turn it off

Do you mind posting the url of the station causing the problem?

Edit: Here's the thread where I go the new patch, but some of the thread is missing including the patch.

http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=29537

Martin

sub
2007-10-02, 04:47 PM
I was just looking for the second patch aswell, but couldnt find the thread. I'm not sure that thread URL above was it.

mvallevand
2007-10-02, 04:50 PM
I was just looking for the second patch aswell, but couldnt find the thread. I'm not sure that thread URL above was it.

That's the right thread if you look at my post

http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php?p=225531&postcount=15

It is referring another deleted post where the zip file was zero bytes.

Martin

sub
2007-10-02, 04:55 PM
HtV, try this patch from yesterday: http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php?p=229534&postcount=18

HtV
2007-10-02, 06:35 PM
Ok guys, I loaded thepatch:
- the 1st problem seems to have gone away, it now runs fine with the 21-9 alpha dongle and with the gbpvr dongle.bin too.
- The 2nd problem is still there. It won't stop until I quit the mvp.
For me that's no problem because I always quit the mvp when I don't use it.

Thanks guys

cya Hans

HtV
2007-10-02, 06:37 PM
I often saw that same problem but sub uploaded another patch, in another thread. My PVRX2.exe is dated Sept 16. My gbnetradio.mp3 grows too, I never noticed, but I usually turn it off

Do you mind posting the url of the station causing the problem?

Edit: Here's the thread where I go the new patch, but some of the thread is missing including the patch.

http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=29537

Martin

Hi Martin,
The problem occurred on all stations I tried, but I doubt if that's of any significance now, since the problem is cured.:D

cya Hans

mvallevand
2007-10-03, 04:07 AM
Ok guys, I loaded thepatch:
- the 1st problem seems to have gone away, it now runs fine with the 21-9 alpha dongle and with the gbpvr dongle.bin too.
- The 2nd problem is still there. It won't stop until I quit the mvp.
For me that's no problem because I always quit the mvp when I don't use it.

I don't recommend that dongle, I have had too many problems with the mvpmc change and I'm going to be make a patch so that emulation mode uses the old logic and I will be replacing it soon. I've found another issue where pvrx2 collisions on the gui stream will stop random play too. I just want to make sure I an play for 24 hours straight before I submit it.

I'm glad you caught the growing gbnetradio.mp3 file issue. I knew there was something odd about these files when I mentioned them to sub, but I never related it to the unusual size of the file.

Martin

HtV
2007-10-03, 05:24 PM
Hi Martin,

Glad I could be of some help, I'll wait for the new dongle, haven't tried the 21-9 dongle very long but never had problems with playing recordings. That's what it's used for mostly.
Thanks again for your time.

cya Hans

mvallevand
2007-10-04, 03:58 AM
Glad I could be of some help, I'll wait for the new dongle, haven't tried the 21-9 dongle very long but never had problems with playing recordings. That's what it's used for mostly.

Actually I don't know if a can fix the current collision that taking place causing MP2 to stop streaming music and sub will probably need to address it.
Every once in a while, PVRX2 doesn't respond to a heartbeat signal for a lengthy period of 15 seconds or more. When music is playing this is often fine because of the audio buffer on the mvp, but if this happens when an end of file is reached, when the socket is finally unblocked, PVRX2 seems to send the hearbeat, a screen saver output and the request to play the next song all at once with the play getting lost in a screen update. emulation mode doesn't crash but the music dies.

So as far as I can tell only GBPVR and MP2 really can work well in a kiosk mode if you need something that will run reliably for days. If GBPVR didn't work I'd blame this on Vista or mvpmc.

Martin

mvallevand
2007-10-06, 08:44 PM
Here is the missing PVRX2.ZIP should others be looking for it.

Martin